- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Procurement Coordinator with health and logistics expertise (only for Kazakhstan citizens) - Re-advertised
|Location :||Almaty, KAZAKHSTAN|
|Application Deadline :||09-May-14|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-4|
|Languages Required :||English Russian|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||10 months|
|The Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for organization of procurement of goods and services under the UNDP contracts both nationally and internationally. The Procurement Coordinator will ensure uninterrupted supply of goods and services in accordance with the timelines set in the procurement action plan. The Procurement Coordinator promotes a client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the project. He/she will liaise with the national counterpart, and a variety of parties, including supplying companies, customs agents, transportation companies, and government authorities.
Under the direct supervision of the UNDP Operations Manager the Procurement Coordinator works in close collaboration with the national partner and operations and programme staff in the CO for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information exchange. The initial assignment is for 10 months. Further extension of the contract is subject of the project extension and is based on annual performance evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities
|The Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Adherence to the procurement plan approved by the national partner and monitoring of the implementation;
- Coordinate and ensure timely delivery to the national partner of health products and equipment as well as other goods and services under signed contracts;
- Maintaining contacts with suppliers to ensure compliance with contract terms, shipping terms and insurance, and obtaining shipping documentation and other documents for provision to the national partner who will do necessary customs clearance of project cargoes;
- Maintaining on-going contacts with all parties involved in order to keep up-to-date procurement information and to ensure completeness and correctness of shipping documentation;
- Negotiation with the national counterparts, obtaining responses from the national side for clarification requests from suppliers with regards to specifications, quantities, shelf-life, delivery time and other procurement related information;
- Initiating and drafting letters required for obtaining approvals, permits from the government authorities and other authorities (if applicable);
- Monitoring the quality of procured goods in accordance with the donor’s quality assurance policy, of quantities, cost and efficiency of procurement;
- Providing support to the national side in selection, quantification and forecasting of products, development of specifications, including consultations, drafting correspondence, contact with external entities, related to procurement;
- Processing necessary insurance obtaining for goods storage (if applicable);
- Development and constant maintaining of procurement monitoring tables and reports for procurement, deliveries and transfer progress as requested;
- Performing of other tasks as necessary for high performance of procurement and supply management activities.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the successful project implementation and the achievement of the development results as follows:
- Impact on the overall project efficiency in financial resources management contributes to success in implementation of project activities.
- Accurate analysis and presentation of financial information enhances UNDP credibility in use of financial resources and proper financial process management.
- Internal communication among project units and country teams is ensured.
|CORPORATE COMPETENCIES |
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning - Shares knowledge and experience;
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office;
- Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and different points of view.
MANAGING CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction;
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language;
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards;
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard.
OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS, PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
- coordination and reporting of any actions to supervisor;
- provide on-time and quality performance of the requirements under ToR.;
- provide absolute fulfillment of the requirements stated in the Service Contract.
Required Skills and Experience
A graduate degree (MSc. equivalent) in Public Health, Pharmacy, Medicine or other related discipline and a University degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Logistics or other related discipline. Professional training in procurement and supply management (PSM), logistics and/or public health would be an asset.
Up to 4 years of progressively responsible procurement and administrative experience is required at the national or international level with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in procurement, supply and use of health products, particularly in developing countries with:
- Experience/expertise in the procurement of health products including regulations and tendering process;
- Experience/expertise in supply chain/logistics management systems;
- Experience in quantification and forecasting of health product needs in public health programs would be an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Ability to process large information content with due quality; drive for results;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- High degree of personal initiative and willingness to accept a wide range of responsibilities;
- Ability to work independently;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and ability to coordinate the work of others, work to tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities;
- Excellent communication spoken, written and presentation skills, including ability to present sensitive issues /positions, write reports and quantitatively justify procurement decisions.
Proficiency in spoken and written English, Russian and Kazakh.
This is a re-advertised vacancy announcement, candidates submitted their applications in the first round do not need to re-apply again.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on-line through this site by clicking "APPLY NOW" button. Please ensure that you upload your UN Personal History Form-P11 (on the 2nd page of the application by selecting "UPLOAD RESUME" option)
Incomplete applications will not be given consideration.
Please note that only short-listed applications will be contacted.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.