KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT/MONITORING AND EVALUATION SPECIALIST
||Johannesburg, AFRIQUE DU SUD
|Date limite de candidature :||10-Apr-12|
|Catégorie supplémentaire||L’émancipation des femmes|
|Type de contrat :||Service Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||SC-10|
|Langues requises :||
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||One year|
|Durée prévue de la mission :||One Year|
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Regional Director, the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist contributes to the effective implementation of the UN Women evaluation policy, ensures that all monitoring and evaluation requirements for the SRO’s programme are met and participates in planning and conducting of thematic and crosscutting evaluations. The M&E Specialist ensures that objective evaluations are designed and implemented to assess the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of results of programmes designed and implemented by the SRO. She/he should ensure that evaluations are carried out in a credible and systematic manner. Lessons drawn from evaluations and subsequent recommendations will be used to inform programme design and management decision making.
- The Evaluation Specialist will liaise closely with the Evaluation Office at Headquarters regarding evaluation approaches and methodologies, ensuring that UN Women SARO meets the minimum requirements for monitoring and evaluation, including the conduct of mandatory project evaluations.
- The Evaluation Specialist works in close collaboration with Programme and Operations Teams in the Sub Regional and Country Offices to ensure that thematic, programme and project evaluations are carried out according to schedules and that findings and recommendations are implemented and followed up.
Devoirs et responsabilités
Ensures implementation of evaluation policies and strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contribution to the programme of work, including identification of topics, and projects/ programme to be evaluated;
Contact with HQ Evaluation Office and evaluation units in other Country Offices with a view to harmonizing evaluation approaches and agendas;
- Responsibility for promotion of evaluation standards, quality assurance/ control and capacity development in the SARO;
- Organization and coordination of evaluation missions for development projects, sectoral and thematic evaluations and desk evaluation/studies on selected sectors/themes;
- Ensures effective management of the evaluation process of the SARO’s programme, focusing on achievement of following results:
- Substantive inputs into Terms of Reference (TOR), consultant and evaluation team selection, technical feedback on evaluation and budget oversight;
- Guidance on UN WOMEN evaluation policies, procedures and practices to programme managers, UN WOMEN SARO staff, consultant and/or members of the evaluation team;
- Provision of the technical advice at the design stage of programmes/projects setting up a framework with defined indicators at the design stage to facilitate the evaluation at the late stages;
- Provision of evaluation feedback into policy/project/programme design, including comments on various documents;
- Timely preparation of sound analytical documents with well-reviewed and sound positions on areas evaluated, assessment of the impact and effectiveness of SARO’s programme;
- Follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations. Ensuring the optimal use of evaluations by providing guidance in preparation of timely management response to all mandatory evaluations and by developing a communication plan;
- Coordinate UN Women SARO donor reporting profiles and schedules.
Ensure timely submission of substantive progress to donors in consultation with UN Women Headquarters Resource Mobilization Section and relevant programme officers and country offices.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the area of monitoring and evaluation, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and formulation of evaluation findings, lessons learned and recommendations to be integrated into broader knowledge management efforts;
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation findings adequately reflected in all UN Women reporting and information sharing processes such as quarterly, six monthly and annual reports etc.
- Contribution to the implementation of evaluation knowledge Management and Learning Strategy;
- Collaboration and coordination with other UN agencies, government agencies, NGOs, and other organizations on monitoring and evaluation issues;
- Organization and conduct of results-oriented monitoring and evaluation trainings in SARO and within the countries supported by SARO.
- Participation in the evaluation community remaining abreast of latest development and professional norms, standards, tools and methodologies;
- Skills in social research, statistical research and analysis will be an added advantage
- Experience in the design of programmes that address gender equality issues
- Experience in logical framework approach and strategic planning approach;
- Technical skills in gender analysis and monitoring and evaluation
- Technical knowledge of Results Based Management and Human Rights Based Approaches to Programming
- Good organizational and programming skills with a focus on monitoring of projects implementation
- Coordination skills with proven ability to work with donors and other partners
- Good at producing analytical reports
- Ability to interpret reports, distil lessons and translate these lessons into programmatic interventions
- Commitment to gender equality and women’s rights and strong team working skills;
- Knowledge of the United Nations systems will be an added advantage
- Excellent communications in English. French or Portuguese will be an asset
Qualifications et expériences requises
- Either a Masters degree in Sociology, Gender Studies, Social, Legal or Political Sciences with 5 years progressively relevant professional work experience in Monitoring & Evaluation, or Program Management in development work, or Bachelor degree in same field with 7 years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation or programme management in development work
- Project management and/or monitoring and evaluation qualification
NB:Personal History Form (P11) should be submitted together with the application.P11 can be found in the following link:https://sas.undp.org(under Forms and Circulars -Initial Appointment).
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT P11 WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.