AREA ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCE ASSISTANT- OPEN TO KYRGYZSTAN NATIONALS ONLY
|Date limite de candidature :||25-May-12|
|Type de contrat :||Service Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||SC-5|
|Langues requises :||
Anglais Russe |
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||6 months with possible extension|
|Durée prévue de la mission :||6 months with possible extension|
Under the guidance and supervision of the Area Manager, the Administrative and Finance Assistant provides administrative/finance services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Administrative/Finance Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative/Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations and Programme Units in the CO and project personnel to ensure consistent service delivery.
Devoirs et responsabilités
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Provision of accounting, administrative, procurement, HR and logistical support
- Provision of support to office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative, procurement and HR activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Provision of inputs to preparation of workplans.
Provides administrative, finance, procurement, HR and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Interpretation and implementation of procedures and rules related to administrative, procurement, financial and personnel matters and ensure their compliance.
- Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats, study tours, etc.
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations.
- Provision of all necessary support in organization of the above, as well as report to submission to UNDP office.
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Timely preparation and updating of procurement plans for the Programme.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
- Preparation of requests with all supporting documents for issuance of Purchase orders, contracts, subcontracts and other documents related to procurement of goods and services.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas, registration of goods receipt in Atlas, budget check for requisitions.
- Serving as a focal point in procurement processing for the Programme/Project
- Undertaking joint procurement activities under combined Purchase Orders for stationery, computer hardware, photocopiers; joint contracts for computer maintenance, air-conditioning maintenance, shipping services, etc.
- Certifying availability of funds and ensuring that the activities are in line with the approved workplan and budget levels.
- Monitoring regularly the Programme budget, provision of timely advice to the Programme Coordinator on fund limitations and obtaining approval of budget revision(s) from UNDP.
- Provision of information for reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures and potential funding problems.
- Assistance in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for the Programme/Project; payment execution and monitoring payment status.
- Preparation of budget revisions per established rules.
- Ensuring the accurate book-keeping of advance funds received and preparation of reports, where relevant.
- Processing of financial documentation (vouchers, supporting documents, etc.) and maintaining internal expenditures control system by ensuring that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, monthly payment orders (MPOs) and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Maintenance of Petty Cash
- Preparation and handling the routine correspondence related to general administration, procurement, financial and personnel matters; faxes; memoranda and reports in accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- Maintenance of files related to personnel, finance, procurement, administrative, logistical, programme/project matters.
- Checking vehicle logs and preparation of the draft vehicle history reports and maintenance plans.
- Assistance to the Audit and prepare necessary documents.
- Performance of other duties as and when required.
- Ensure timely extension of personnel contracts.
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring the Inventory Records, maintain the records and files on assets management, distribute the stationery to personnel and provide advice on procurement of goods to avoid unnecessary purchase.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration, procurement, finance and HR.
- Briefing personnel on general administrative, financial and personnel matters.
- Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents
- Creating an environment of creativity and innovation
- Building and promoting effective teams
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication
- Creating an emotionally intelligent organization
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking
Qualifications et expériences requises
- Bachelor degree with trainings in finance/accounting confirmed by certificates, preferably in economics, management, accounting, finance.
- Specialized trainings in finance/accounting are desirable
- 3 years of relevant administrative, accounting and financial experience at national and/or international level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Practical experience in procurement is an asset
- Fluency in English and Russian. Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset
- Applications without UNDP Personal history form will not be considered. Please download P.11 form from this link.
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.