FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
|Date limite de candidature :||01-Jun-12|
|Type de contrat :||FTA Local|
|Niveau du poste :||GS-5|
|Langues requises :||
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||One-Year|
|Durée prévue de la mission :||One-Year (with expectation for renewal)|
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP works through Country Offices to provide development advocacy, advice and assistance in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Arab States, Eastern Europe, CIS, Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST) is UNDP’s primary provider of ICT services. UNDP has a geographically diverse global Network to support its work in 177 countries worldwide. The network consists of over 70 VSAT, a global IP network, local ISP, Link Load Balancers, a monitoring, a videoconferencing bridge and a Unified Communications based architecture (Ms Lync). This Network supports a number of mission critical enterprise services and applications, such as data, voice, video, telephony, e-mail and Atlas (ERP) to conduct UNDP’s day to day operations in 177 countries.
Under the supervision of the Global ICT Advisor (GIA), the Finance and Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting in finance and operational services. The incumbent is to carry out, assist and support financial and logistic operation of the unit. Major investments and recurring expenses are made on ICT facilities and these facilities underpin the UNDP ICT strategy in making available to HQ and all Country Office’s (CO) corporate application access such as the ERP systems, telephony, Internet, video and voice.
Nature of Interactions:
The incumbent is expected to be part of the Global Information Advisory (GIA) Unit of OIST based in Copenhagen. S/he will directly report to Global Information Advisor and through him, supports the GIA Unit in Copenhagen in support of UNDP’s business objectives and priorities. Within OIST, the incumbent will collaborate with internal heads of various business units. Within UNDP, s/he is expected to interact with wide range of audiences including ICT Managers and IMAs (Information Management Assistants) throughout the Bureaus and Divisions in HQ and Country Offices. In addition, s/he is expected to liaise with UN agencies at similar level to foster inter agency collaboration and knowledge sharing. When requested, the incumbent will represent Infrastructure to the external community and work with technology and service providers, wherein incumbent will exchange technical information with regard to products and services offered by vendors as these may affect hardware, software and corporate data.
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the Global Information Advisory Unit, Copenhagen. Accurate analyses and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the supervisors’ offices and promotes the image of OIST as an effective contributor to the organization. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timey finalization.
Devoirs et responsabilités
Finance / Accounting:
- Develop the procedures for invoice payment, cost recovery, internship programme;
- Develop order form and calculator for cost recovery tools and database;
- Responsible for Order and Cost recovery of all ICT Managed Services to Country Offices;
- Monitor VSAT expenditures and charge-back to the end-user Country Offices;
- Play a coordinating role in regard to the preparation of the budget for the Connectivity Support Unit, and subsequent expenditure planning and control;
- Review billing from service providers and ensures compliance with contract terms;
- Prepare General Ledger journal Entry (GLJE), vouchers, Purchase Order, e-Request, etc. for ICT expenditure charge-back vis-à-vis 177 Country Offices, and takes necessary action to resolve problems with Chart of Accounts from Country Offices in a timely manner;
- Assist with the monitoring of UNDP’s SLAs with UNDP’s VSAT service providers;
- Assist with the preparation and subsequent monitoring of OIST Memorandum of Understanding with Country Offices for VSAT services.
- Prepare procurement actions and payment vouchers in ERP System (PeopleSoft) for VSAT Payments; Produce Financial reports for charge back exercise; Produce yearly Finance reconciliation report and work with UNDP treasury;
- Procure IT equipment on behalf of Country Offices;
- Place the orders from COs to respective vendors;
- Prepare of the ToRs for internships and IC contractors;
- Communicate with local vendors regarding invoices, procurement of the stationeries, office furniture, computers and so on.
- Occasionally represent the Unit in UN Common Services meetings;
- Participate in interview panels for hiring interns and IC contractors;
- Contact to universities regarding the internship program in GIA Unit;
- Support to GIA with visa and other travel arrangements.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards; Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Plans, prioritizes and delivers tasks on time;
- Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaboration and cooperating with others;
- Responds flexibly & positively to change through active involvement;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Technical / Functional:
- Ability to work effectively in team;
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Qualifications et expériences requises
- Secondary education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration or related field with specialization in finance and accounting would be desirable, but is not a requirement.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in finance, accounting and/or administrative services;
- Proven analytical, creative and practical approach and writing skills;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Experience with ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft, desirable. Knowledge of IPSAS desirable;
- Experience with international organization is an asset.
- Fluent in English; Fluency in French and Danish is an asset.
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.