COMPONENT MANAGER- UNODC
|Date limite de candidature :||30-May-12|
|Catégorie supplémentaire||Objectifs du Millénaire pour le développement|
|Type de contrat :||Service Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||SC-8|
|Langues requises :||
|Durée du contrat initial||Six months initially with possible extension (subject to satisfactory performance)|
|Durée prévue de la mission :||Six months initially with possible extension (subject to satisfactory performance)|
|Project Title/Department XAC/K22 “Countering the trafficking of Afghan opiates via the northern route by enhancing the capacity of key border crossings points (BCPs) and through the establishment of Border Liaison Offices (BLOs)”
Reports To: Project Coordinator, UNODC Programme Office in Tajikistan
The total volume of opiates smuggled from Afghanistan along the so called “Northern Route” encompassing Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, has soared since 1999. Today, 25 % of all heroin smuggled from Afghanistan travels the “Northern Route”, posing a particular threat to Europe and the Russian Federation. A concerted effort is required to build capacity at Central Asian Border Crossing Points (BCPs), to enhance the level of expertise of officers at these crossings and to establish practical intelligence-sharing and communication mechanisms between agencies employed there.
Devoirs et responsabilités
Under direct supervision of the International Project Coordinator stationed in Dushanbe, Tajikistan and overall supervision of the UNODC Regional Representative for Central Asia, the incumbent will:
- Assist the international project coordinator in the implementation of all project activities in the project beneficiary countries in Central Asia;
- Assist in monitoring project outputs and measuring performance against objective indicators and timeline ensuring the critical path is maintained;
- Prepare draft reports, official correspondence and project documentation, in particular detailed work plans and periodic progress reports of the project;
- Monitor budget and expenditure and draft budget revisions of the project;
- Initiate, monitor and validate procurement as well as complete all types of financial procedures and documentation;
- Ensure day-to-day communication with project counterparts;
- Support expert missions and liaise with counterparts in target groups and other relevant organisations and agencies;
- Research and maintain relevant information, documents and files of the project component;
- Maintain filing and record keeping of all relevant documents of the project component;
- Perform other relevant duties and also assist with other UNODC projects as required.
- Client orientation
- Implementing management systems
- Integrity/Commitment to mandate
- Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning
- Valuing diversity
- Working in teams
- Communicating information and ideas
- Conflict and self management
Working with people
- Empowerment/Developing people/Performance management
Personal Leadership and Effectiveness
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Impact on results.
- Results orientation/Commitment to excellence
- Appropriate and transparent decision making
Qualifications et expériences requises
Academic requirements: University degree or equivalent in International Political Science, Business Administration, Economics
Experience: At least 4 years of relevant work experience. Supervisory experience preferred. Genuine hands on and practical experience of day-to-day implementation of projects. Experience of devising and developing project work plans and related documentation. Experience in working in international organizations, in particular in relation to technical assistance in law enforcement, is an advantage.
Languages: Fluency in oral and written English and Russian. Knowledge of Uzbek language is an asset.
Computer skills: Proficiency in current office software applications. Knowledge of project management software an advantage.
Other skills: Tact and diplomacy. Good problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to draft well-researched and well-structured documents in English. Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to different levels of audience.
All interested and qualified candidates are required to apply on-line through the UNDP website at www.undp.uz. The UNDP will only accept applications submitted on-line.
Please ensure that before making on-line application you have completed the UNDP Personal History Form (P11). The electronic version of the P11 can be downloaded from http://www.undp.uz (Vacancies Section). The completed (P11) further to be uploaded while applying on-line.
The deadline for submission of application is COB, 30 May, 2012. Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date (30 May, 2012) will not be given consideration. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
For more detailed information about UNDP Uzbekistan please visit our website at www.undp.uz. UNDP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates, people with disabilities, and minorities are highly encouraged to apply. UNDP Balance in Manage Policy promotes achievement of gender balance among its staff at all levels.
The position is open for Uzbekistan citizens only.
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.