|Date limite de candidature :||13-Jun-12|
|Type de contrat :||Individual Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||International Consultant|
|Langues requises :||
Arabe Anglais |
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||Three Months|
Kuwait Integrated Environmental Information Network (KIEIN) is a national project that aims at providing decision/policy makers and planners in Kuwait with relevant and updated environmental information. KIEIN is a key tool to support the national efforts in the sustainable development programme in Kuwait. KIEIN comes as the fruit of a collaboration between the Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR), the Supreme Council for Planning and Development (SCPD) and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
The KIEIN project is an integrated solution to unify the different environmental data sets either geographic or attribute inside a comprehensive Geo-environmental database. It is currently easily accessible inside KISR. KIEIN has been developed through three phases (1994-2007).
In the upcoming phase of KIEIN, the major activities are proposed to ensure the sustainability and continuation usage of KIEIN; develop the environmental indicators; and carry out relevant spatial decision support systems (SDSS).
The overall responsibility of the GIS consultant is to provide advanced technical knowledge and collaboration for studying, modeling, and developing environmental indicators, as well as providing training and support as needed for stakeholder seminars, and related activities.
Devoirs et responsabilités
- Collaborate closely with Assistant Project Manager and GIS Systems Analyst to ensure reporting and documentation requirements are met on time and within budget including:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to document input.
- Select key indicators to model.
- Identify and document required data types and sources for developing indicator models.
- Draft, review and publish environmental indicators study.
- Provide technology transfer task to the KISR team in the field of GIS application to support the environmental issues.
- Conduct and document Literature Review for Environmental Indicator Study.
- Support the process of selecting the needed and suitable environmental indicators for Kuwaiti environment.
- Interacting with team members environmental indicators and SDSS and Web GIS.
- Review the progress and evaluate the results of different tasks of the KIEIN project.
- Meeting with and reporting to Project Manager.
- Coordinate with Communication Specialist to ensure documentation and promotion of ongoing project accomplishments.
- Coordinate with Communication Specialist to organize and conduct awareness workshops and training.
- Familiar with environmental indicators, SDSS field, and Web GIS.
- Conduct project liaison activities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Have experience in various GIS, Project Management, and Presentation software and technology.
- Work independently, analyze issues, and write clearly and quickly.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interface effectively and collaborate with peers, project personnel and all levels of management to develop solutions.
- Take initiative and accountability for results.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards .
- Adheres to GIS Code of Ethics.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the UNDP.
- Displays cultural, gender, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly and without favoritism.
Qualifications et expériences requises
- Ph. D. degree in Geoinformatics or Environmental studies, or closely related field resulting in the integration between GIS and environmental applications.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in GIS and IT consulting.
- Experience in leading projects in the area of GIS and/or environmental applications.
- Extensive experience in GIS applications in the field of environment.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills.
- Excellent personal interaction, oral and written communication skills
- Focused to appropriately identify and respond to internal project needs and facilitate the presentation of recommendations.
- Proficient in use of standard computing software tools.
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.