CHIEF TECHNICAL ADVISOR
|Date limite de candidature :||14-Jun-12|
|Type de contrat :||FTA International|
|Niveau du poste :||P-5|
|Langues requises :||
Arabe Anglais |
|Durée du contrat initial||One Year|
The transition agreement identified a number of priority tasks and related benchmarks varying from the national dialogue and constitutional reform to socio-economic reforms, transitional justice, reform of the electoral system and parliamentary elections. Whereas the government as a whole will play an indispensable role in the transition process, with different government agencies contributing to various stages of the transition, the following core institutions (CI) stand out: the Presidency’s Office (PO); Prime Minister’s Office (PMO); the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC); the Ministry of Finance (MoF); and the recently established National Committee for National Dialogue, as well as the Ministry of Human Rights and Ministry of Industry and Trade. These institutions are particularly important for designing and maintaining a strategic focus on the transition by all national and international actors as well as for coordination of the delivery of basic services and immediate rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Therefore, UNDP in cooperation with other development partners and the Government of Yemen (GoY) set up an Emergency Capacity Development Facility (ECDF) to provide to the national leadership for the transition with immediate and catalytic support from a multi-partners perspective. The 2-year project aims at reinforcing the leadership capacities of the Core Institutions (CI) to successfully orient, lead and coordinate the achievement of key benchmarks stated in the GCC agenda as well in as the Government's Transitional Plan. The project is composed of four interrelated modules:
- Organizational leadership;
- Aid coordination and partnership;
- Socioeconomic reforms;
- National dialogue process.
Within this support effort, UNDP Yemen looks to hire Chief Technical Advisor to support the Government of Yemen to implement a multi-donor supported project on Emergency Capacity Development during the transitional period. Under the direct supervision of the UNDP Senior Country Director, the Chief Technical Advisor will be based in the Prime Minister's Office and work in tandem with Government Counterparts, UNDP, donors and other international and national partners to successfully implement, and monitor all of the facets of the project.
Devoirs et responsabilités
- Assume the overall coordination of national and international partners involved in the organization of the 4 modules of the project;
- Provide policy and technical advice to the Core Institutions (Offices of the President, Prime Minster, and Ministers of Planning, Finance, Human Rights and Industry) based on their demand and pursuance of the project objectives within the context of the GCC implementation mechanism;
- Finalize a consolidate Results Resources Framework (RRF) and first year detailed work plan for the project in consultation with all core institutions;
- Provide technical direction to international and national technical staff with regard to their constituency work plans;
- Draft regular activity reports, as well as recommendations on new actions and approaches should the need arise;
- Support UNDP efforts of resources mobilization, including planning and costing project inputs; briefing donors, and preparing donor progress reports as required by UNDP reporting rules and as requested by specific donors.
Function / Expected Results:
Coordination: The Chief Technical Advisor will:
- Provide technical advice to the CI to strengthen partnerships building and coordination between the project and the all actors including donors, , CSOs and other stakeholders, as well as facilitating communication and exchange of lessons learned and good practices;
- Lead the ECDF in its capacity as secretariat of the Working Group on Elections and other WGs co-chaired by UNDP (as established), as well as contribute to the Working Groups activities by submitting analytical papers, information, time-tables and other materials as required;
- Contribute to the establishment of user friendly knowledge sharing platform in English and Arabic on elsewhere experience on transitional governance.
Project Implementation: The Chief Technical Advisor will:
- Lead the effective implementation of project activities in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Lead and manage a team of international specialists and national experts, including an strategic planning expert; communications, expert; national dialogue advisor; legal experts; dialogue facilitators, and others, to ensure achievement of the project objectives;
- Provide technical advice to the project in the implementation with the help of Operation Manager, organization and implementation of agreed activities. With the assistance of the Operation Manager, ensuring that systems are in place for monitoring and evaluating the project's delivery of agreed results;
- Organize and lead agenda of project Boards and review meetings.
Resource mobilization and fund management: The Chief Technical Advisor will:
- Contribute to establish a and mobilize resources for a Multi-Partners Basket Fund , administered by UNDP, that will administer all financial resources for the ECDF project;
- Ensure effective and accurate financial resources management and oversight, for all resources managed by the ECDF Multi-partners Basket Fund in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
Knowledge Building and Sharing: The Chief Technical Advisor will:
- Support the project in the identification of knowledge gaps among project staff, target groups and beneficiaries and design measures to address such gaps; actively support the sharing of project results and products, lessons learned and good practices with other projects, government agencies, donors, etc.; and participate in UNDP global knowledge networks.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN's values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to work in a team, also across the UN agencies;
- Ability to structure a task in terms of the analytic/investigative process and to produce a well-structured output;
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of leadership issues in post-conflict and transitional societies;
- Strong management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and diplomatic skills;
- Effectively builds and maintains strategic networks and partnerships;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations;
- Ability to lead the formulation and implementation of projects;
- Knowledgeable on the cultural context in Yemen.
Qualifications et expériences requises
- Master degree or equivalent in political science, law, public administration institutional/organizational development or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of democratic governance - including in capacity development and transitional processes - at both national and international levels in advisory, managerial and technical positions;
- Excellent project management skills and knowledge of donor policies and funding modalities;
- Knowledge of UNDP programming practices is an asset;
- Experience in facilitating inter-institutional cooperation, stakeholder involvement and working with teams;
- Knowledge and experience from working with countries in transition;
- Previous work experience in the Arab Region is an asset;
- Proven familiarity with gender analysis and concepts, participative processes/approaches for women, youth and minority groups.
- Fluency in English is essential;
- Arabic is desirable.
Cliquez ici pour prendre connaissance d'informations importantes concernant les résidents permanents des Etats-Unis (détenteurs de la "carte verte").
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.