- Minimum Master Degree in Economics, International Relations, Public Administration or related field.
- At least 5 years of proven consultancy experience and proven track record of research on ODA and development cooperation issues, especially on Russia’s role as donor, with a track record of publishing on ODA related issues in Russian.
- Knowledge of CIS especially Central Asia development context. Experience of performing ODA related research for UNDP is a strong advantage.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in both English and Russian is a must.
Evaluation of Applicants:
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal.
The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Only the highest ranked candidates who would be found qualified for the job will be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation – max. 35 points:
- Academic qualifications – max points: 5
- Proven consultancy experience and proven track record of research on Russian ODA – max points: 10
- Proven knowledge of CIS, especially Central Asia, development context – max points 10
- Track record of publishing on ODA related issues in Russian. – max points: 5
- Experience of performing ODA related research for UNDP – max points: 5
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation – max. 15 points
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via this website. The application should contain:
- Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position and a brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the work (e.g. proposals for government and other counterparts to contact and for countries to visit). Please paste the letter into the "Resume and Motivation" section of the electronic application.
- Filled P11 form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees
(blank form can be downloaded from http://europeandcis.undp.org/files/hrforms/P11_modified_for_SCs_and_ICs.doc ); please upload the P11 instead of your CV.
- Financial Proposal* - specifying a total lump sum amount for the tasks specified in this announcement. The financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (number of anticipated working days and any other possible costs). Travel costs will be covered separately according to UNDP rules and regulations.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials
*Please note that the financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, vaccination and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services...). Travel costs will be covered separately according to UNDP rules and regulations.
Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UNDP on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner.
Individual Consultants are responsible for ensuring they have vaccinations/inoculations when travelling to certain countries, as designated by the UN Medical Director. Consultants are also required to comply with the UN security directives set forth under dss.un.org
General Terms and conditions as well as other related documents can be found under: http://europeandcis.undp.org/home/jobs
Qualified women and members of minorities are encouraged to apply.
Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.