REPORTING AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER (FOR NEPALESE NATIONALS ONLY)
|Date limite de candidature :||23-Jul-12|
|Type de contrat :||Service Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||SB-4|
|Langues requises :||
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||Six months with possibility of extension|
Following the success of the Constituent Assembly (CA) election in 2008, UNDP Nepal launched an Electoral Support Project (ESP) in August 2008 to provide technical assistance to the Election Commission of Nepal (ECN) for the inter-elections period (2008-2016). The ESP support aims at building sustainable and enduring institutional and professional capacity of the ECN, of its Secretariat and its district offices that could be easily and effectively deployed in future elections. The ESP (2008-2016) consists of two phases. Phase I (2008-2011) focused exclusively on long-term electoral capacity building during the first three years following the CA election and was drawing to a completion at the time of the Project’s second revision. Phase II (2012-2016) focuses on operational support for future (but still unscheduled) electoral cycles.
The major project activities includeStrategic Planning for the electoral cycle; Long-term Professional Development (BRIDGE training); Modernization of the Voter Registry; Establishment of GIS and Electoral Mapping System; Regional Technical Cooperation and Professional Exchanges; Establishment and Operationalisation of the Electoral Information and Education Centre; Public Outreach and Voter Information/Education; Electoral Dispute Resolution; Support to external relations; Support in the area of Gender and Social Inclusion targeting Vulnerable Groups; Support in the area of Electoral Security; Support for election operations and logistics ( and training of electoral staff).
Devoirs et responsabilités
Under the direction of ESP Management, the incumbent is responsible for the project reporting, continuous information sharing and cooperation between the diverse group of project partners and the ECN and in strengthening ECN capacity in the area of reporting and communications. The responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Strengthen ECN capacity in effective reporting and communication
- Support the communication work of ECN including the drafting, implementation and monitoring of ECN’s Communication Strategy
- Strengthen ECN capacity in reporting, both for internal and external ECN partners and donors
- Strengthen ECN capacity in liaising with and managing media relations
- Assist ECN in identifying, developing and uploading content on ECN’s website and intranet
- Work with central and field offices of the ECN and ESP staff to develop advocacy materials for the project.
- Develop, implement and monitor a project communication and visibility plan, facilitating better understanding among partners about project progress, adhering to UNDP and development partner guidelines on communications and visibility
- Produce and document all kinds of project related reports including visibility material
- Establish and maintain fully operational state-of-art project documentation unit
- Translate essential documents in Nepali and English
- Prepare and edit press releases, project related progress reports and documents
- Facilitate trainingsto strengthen the capacity of ECN on reporting and communications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Implement all reporting and communication work of the project
- Remain openness to change and ability to manage complexity
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in a politically sensitive environment, with a minimum of comfort
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals on a highly pressured environment
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions, as well
- Respect and sensitivity towards cultural, gender, ethnicity and religious diversity
Qualifications et expériences requises
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree in Mass communications or any other related field
- Five years relevant working experience.
- S/he should have an extensive experience in communication and diffusion strategies and techniques, reporting, documentation, publication, and audio-visual material preparation in relation to conservation and development fields.
- S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in both English and Nepali. S/he should be well versed in the latest electronic publishing and graphics methods.
- Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, social, and interpersonal skills.
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.