|Date limite de candidature :||12-Jul-12|
|Type de contrat :||Individual Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||National Consultant|
|Langues requises :||
Arabe Anglais |
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||6 months|
|Durée prévue de la mission :||6 months|
The Inter-Agency Information and Analysis Unit is an integral part of the Office of the Resident Coordinator/Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq. It was established to support the UN Country Team with evidence-based programming, advocacy and policy advice in line with the needs of the Government and people of Iraq. The IAU is mandated to undertake coordinated and overarching analysis of key issues in Iraq including both humanitarian and development aspects while taking into account the mandates and specializations of UN and partner agencies. The Unit works closely with all UN agencies, the UNDAF Priority Working Groups and NGOs to facilitate collaborative and joint analytical work and information management.
The UNCT is moving forward with a new phase of development planning through the UNDAF 2011-2014. Concurrently, the IAU has been providing support to the Government of Iraq and UNFPA in the design and implementation of the IKN 2 survey.
In addition, the IAU in response to request from the United Nations Integrated Task Force on Disputed Internal Boundaries (DIB) in Iraq is carrying out multiple deprivation analysis of Iraq’s DIB districts. Finally, the IAU is working with UNDP to conduct a Conflict and related Development Analysis (CDA) project.
The IAU is recruiting a Graphic Designer to support the designing, laying-out and formatting all the outputs of the IKN 2 survey. The Graphic Designer will also be required to design a number of presentations, factsheets, a poster map and a webpage.
- All necessary information including Complete Terms of Reference, Selection Criteria, and Annexes are found on the following link under Procurement Notice Number IC-058/12: http://www.iq.undp.org/ProcurementNotices_Overview.aspx
- Proposals should be submitted to the following e-mail address no later than COB 12 July 2012: SSA.email@example.com
- Applicants should download the application documents (presented in compressed file) from the previously mentioned link for UNDP Iraq – Procurement notice web site, complete and sign them, and send the scanned copies to the email account above by or before the deadline of this post.
- Applications with NO financial offer or missing P11 form or the required documents for the technical evaluation will NOT be considered for evaluation.
- It is preferable to use Annex 3 for submitting a financial offer instead of another format for the ease of comparison of the received offers.
- All the necessary information for this post (TOR, Deliverables, Target dates, etc. are presented in the procurement notice documents) therefore, applicants MUST download it to apply for this post.
- DO NOT send only CV to the Email account mentioned above WITHOUT Annex 1, 2, 3, 4, Cover Letter and Methodology (If Requested) as it will considered as incomplete application
Devoirs et responsabilités
|The Graphic Designer will support all ongoing graphic design from the IAU, UNCT, GoI and UNAMI. He/She will be responsible for the following:
- Design, layout and formatting of the IKN2 reports and other related documents.
- Design, layout and formatting of the Ministry of Migration and Displacement website including a password protected section for UNHABITAT.
- Layout and formatting of the additional sections of UNDP Iraq website in-line with UNDP office requirements.
- Design, layout and formatting of various factsheets on request.
- Design, layout and formatting of booklets, posters, invitations and other printed materials according to the IAU and UNCT needs.
- Design, layout and formatting of reports requested by the IAU.
- Other design work, which might be requested by the IAU, UNCT and GoI.
Planning and Organizing:
- Knowledge of graphic design and relevant programmes and of specific areas being supervised.
- Ability to contribute by editing to the production of reports, visuals and presentations.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of techniques.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Establish priorities;
- Coordinate own workplan;
- Use time efficiently and apply sound judgment to meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and ability to articulate ideas very clearly and accurately including the ability to edit a variety of reports, visuals, presentations and advocacy documents.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural working environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems.
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects.
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Keeps abreast of available technology.
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office.
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
Qualifications et expériences requises
- University BA in Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum 2 years experienced in the field of Graphic Design. Experience in all Adobe Programs such as; Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Software: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Microsoft Office package.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
Documents to be included when submitting the Proposal:
(Which will include the following):
• Signed Template Confirmation of Interest and Submission of Financial Proposal. (Please use Annex 1);
• A letter explaining why he/she considers himself/herself the most suitable candidate for the work;
• Personal CV including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references. Please Use the attached CV Form – Annex 2 attached. UNDP-Iraq reserves the right to disqualify any of CVs who are not compliant with the requested form.
The financial proposal will specify a total lump sum amount and payment terms around specific and measurable (qualitative and quantitative) deliverables. Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR. A breakdown of this lump sum amount is to be provided by the IC candidate. Total Fees: Please use Annex 3 – Financial proposal form.
All necessary information including: Complete Terms of Reference, The Selection Criteria, and Annexes are found on the following link under Procurement Notice Number IC-055/12:
Proposals should be submitted to the following e-mail address no later than COB 11 July 2012:
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.