INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF A BUSINESS COMPANIES MODEL ON MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF IN-HOUSE PROPERTY IN RESIDENTIAL MULTI-APARTMENTS
||Home based with one trip to Astana, Kazakhstan
|Date limite de candidature :||20-Jul-12|
|Type de contrat :||Individual Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||International Consultant|
|Langues requises :||
Anglais Russe |
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||68 working days (within 3 months) after IC signing|
Within its activities, the UNDP/GEF Project is giving support to the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan (RoK) in the development and trial of new institutional and financial models in order to leverage finances into energy efficiency of residential buildings as a part of energy saving in the sector of municipal heat supply of the country. For these purposes, the relevant models have been developed and tested on pilot projects in Almaty, Astana, and Karaganda, the main participants of which are the Associations of Apartment Owners (AAOs). Initial results and lessons learned have been produced and conclusions drawn. The key conclusion is that within the existing municipal relationship system the AAOs can not fully ensure proper maintenance of in-house property of residential buildings and, moreover, take part in energy saving by supplying heat to such buildings. The Availability of Energy Service Company (ESCO) (in Karaganda) does not fully solve this issue, as the key player in this ESCO model is the same AAOs, through which the finance flows are arranged from residents for taken energy saving measures.
A possible wayout could be the creation of special services or managing companies able to promote energy saving in residential multi-apartments (RMA) as well as effectively maintaining them afterwards. The current legislation of the RoK is allowing some types of activities in management and maintenance of condominium facilities. Accordingly, it seems appropriate to analyze current legislative and miscellaneous conditions in the RoK in order to define optimal (stable) organizational structures (business companies) – market participants in management and maintenance of condominium facilities.
As per the Housing Infrastructure Modernization Programme, approved by the Government of the RoK in December of 2011, a model service company “Astana-Kyzmet” had been created to deal with management, maintenance and renovation of in-house property. Within the framework of this Company it is planned to work off and approbate the systematic approach in relations between the managing bodies of RMAs and contracting companies as regards to maintenance, operation and renovation of residential multi-apartments. In the meantime, the main direction of the company should be the renovation of RMAs with the application of energy-saving materials and technologies providing the thermal modernization of apartments and, accordingly, increase of quality and effectiveness of rendered services, cost reduction within apartments maintenance and reduction of municipal payments by the owners. It is seen that the company’s activity in this direction will be highly actual on the Kazakhstan market in the years to come (at least, until 2020) in connection with execution of the Housing Infrastructure Modernization Programme for the period of 2011-2020. For the successful operation of the created Astana-Kyzmet Service Company, provisions of its stability and demonstration of positive experience as a pilot (model) project, there is a need for a well-defined and reconciled business-plan to be used by this company. It is known that some positive experience is accumulated in developed countries and countries with transit economies (e.g. Eastern Europe) as regards to organization of works on energy-saving renovation (rehabilitation) of residential buildings and their effective maintenance. These types of works are executed by relevant (service/managing or other) companies. It is notably a Baltic experience (Estonia) as regards to governmental subsidy of such works and a Polish experience with regards to the encouragement of crediting the energy saving (rehabilitation) in residential buildings. In conditions of these countries, the operation of service/managing companies is built based on partnership and relevant agreements with apartments’ owners, banks, and the State. Due to the practical absence of experience in the area of service companies providing renovation and maintenance of in-house property in RMAs in Kazakhstan, there is the need in a consultant who will be able to assess operational conditions for service companies in Kazakhstan, to justify economic feasibility of planned activities, to describe conditions of economical environment (within which the business-plan will be realized), to reflect planned financial results of activities and necessary conditions thereto, to justify funding source for implementation of chosen strategy, to develop a schedule for works execution and to define indexes, based on which the works progress may be regularly controlled.
Devoirs et responsabilités
To define an optimal (stable) market participants on management and maintenance of condominium facilities within the Kazakhstan environment and to develop the model business-plan for the service company created in Astana and implementing the measures on thermal modernization of residential multi-apartments and their maintenance.
Scope of work:
- To prepare a report with proposals on possible optimal (stable) organizational structures – market participants on management and maintenance of condominium facilities, considering the necessity of thermal modernization in RMAs’ while performing the State Housing Infrastructure Modernization Program;
- To develop business models of companies (company groups) on management and maintenance the RMAs’ in-house property and to approve them with experts and concerned parties (Astana). For content of business models, please see the Terms of Reference;
- To develop the business-plan of a company on management and maintenance of RMA’s in-house property based on data from Astana-Kyzmet Service Company. For content of business plans, please see the Terms of Reference;
- Trip to Kazakhstan (Astana) in order to meet with experts and interested parties to discuss and agree the developed business plan of the company. Finalization of business plan;
- To prepare a report on transit conditions of service company to the next steps of organizational structure development (holding structures). For content of report, please see the Terms of reference;
- To prepare the technical progress report.
- Reports to Project Manager of UNDP\GEF Project;
- Ensures timely and quality execution of the Terms of Reference;
- Ensures unconditional carrying out of requirements of the IC.
Reports and other materials:
These should be submitted in Russian or English in MS Word (2007 and later) on the format of UNDP\GEF Projects, used font: Arial, size: 12.
- Team-worker, good communication skills;
- Knowledge of Russian is an important advantage;
- Ability to arrange a work-team from qualified specialists in related professions (economists, lawyers, engineers, energy auditors, managers) for qualitative development of business model and business plan;
- Good knowledge of regulatory and legal frames on functioning and development of residential apartments sector, AAOs, communal service rendering and municipal heat supply system in Kazakhstan;
- Availability of author’s training programmes, handbooks and guidance in the field of housing infrastructure.
Qualifications et expériences requises
- University degree in legal and/or economical studies.
- A minimum of 12 years of work experience (by diploma);
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in drafting business plans, development of investment projects, making calculations on tariffs for municipal and housing companies;
- A minimum of 10 years of consulting experience for sector of housing infrastructure/managing/service companies in the field of residential and commercial buildings (this experience must be beyond Kazakhstan, preferably, in CIS countries.
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Experience in drafting the reports in format of international organizations.
- Cover page, explaining why he/she consider himself/herself the most suitable candidate for the work;
- Financial proposal (as per template);
- Personal CV including past experience in relevant field\area;
- At least 2 (two) references;
- Other documents confirming the work experience, knowledge and skills.
Important Note! For more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.