MONITORING AND EVALUATION SPECIALIST (LOTFA)
|Date limite de candidature :||01-Aug-12|
|Type de contrat :||FTA International|
|Niveau du poste :||P-4|
|Langues requises :||
|Durée du contrat initial||One Year with possiblity of extension|
The Law and Order Trust Fund for Afghanistan (LOTFA) was set up as a mechanism for the international community to mobilize resources for the establishment, payment, equipment and training of the Afghan police force, under the Ministry of Interior, Government of Afghanistan while also focusing on gender mainstreaming in police force. During the first five phases of the project, implemented during 2002- 2010, the project remained a fund channeling mechanism with components of financial management capacity development and female police recruitment besides payment of police salaries through Electronic Payroll System and Electronic Fund Transfer with construction of police facilities and procurement of equipment.
Following completion of phase five of the project, UNDP has developed a new document for phase 6 distributing the project in to three distinct pillars i.e. (i) police remuneration (ii) capacity development (iii) democratic policing. The new document aims at enhanced capacity development initiatives in MoI and public-police relation building through Democratic Policing besides continuing police remuneration through first pillar. The enhanced capacity development will be undertaken based on a comprehensive capacity needs assessment of MoI resulting in development of an overall capacity development strategy. The democratic policing will build on the pilot initiative of UNDP implemented during 2010 in Kabul province to expand the programme to a large number of districts.
As part of the project support structure, the M&E specialist will be working under the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor and will lead qualitative and quantitative Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of all three pillars of LOTFA. The M&E specialist will be based in MoI and work as part of LOTFA project team.
Devoirs et responsabilités
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor, the incumbent ensures the following key functions are implemented:
Summary of key functions:
- Development of a solid M&E system for capturing of impact oriented information;
- Lead the LOTFA M&E system implementation for effective and efficient flow of information on project results;
- Facilitate project evaluation, reviews and project knowledge production for informed decision making;
- Supervise of the national M&E team for sustainable capacity development;
- Play the role of M&E advisor for informed decision making.
Development of a solid M&E system for capturing of impact oriented information:
- Review and revise the project Results and Resources Framework to ensure effective M&E of the project activities;
- Develop a comprehensive M&E plan outlining the overall programme M&E strategy in the light of results Resources Framework;
- Plan and conduct a baseline studies to identify the situation at the beginning of the project;
- Develop efficient and effective data collection tools and data sources, both qualitative and quantitative, as part of the M&E planning;
- Develop a periodic evaluation and review plan for all three LOTFA pillars and components as required; also, in coordination with the pillar project managers, come up with a plan for research and knowledge products development;
- Conduct periodic review of different M&E plans and make adjustments as required;
- Ensure the LOTFA M&E system is gender-responsive.
Lead LOTFA M&E system for effective and efficient flow of information on project results:
- Lead the M&E team in effective and efficient way for delivery of results;
- Lead implementation of the LOTFA M&E and other related plans’ implementation;
- Conduct and supervise the baseline data collection (qualitative and quantitative) on the programme indicators;
- Implement the tools (quantitative and qualitative) developed for data collection for timely reporting;
- Undertake regular analysis of data collected from the field and provide in a timely manner as and when required;
- Ensure timely field mentoring is conducted both by the M&E and programme staff for quality management of programme activities;
- Produce periodic analytical reports based on the data collected from the field;
- Regularly collect lessons learnt and communicate to the management in timely manner;
- Work closely with the technical teams and field offices for collection of the best practices and subsequent implementation across the programme;
- Together with communication teams, produce result oriented success stories from the field;
- Work closely with the reporting officer for result oriented reporting of the programme activities.
Facilitate project evaluation, reviews and project knowledge production for informed decision making;
- Conduct regular internal evaluation and reviews of the programme activities;
- Facilitate, together with the UNDP Country Office Programme Unit, commissioning of independent evaluations of the programme;
- Ensure implementation of findings of different evaluations and reviews based on a comprehensive action plan;
- Work closely with the technical teams for different research/knowledge product development activities’ planning;
- Facilitate conduct of different studies and their publication both nationally and internationally;
- Undertake periodic assessment of APRP compliant districts and report on the status;
- Together with the technical teams and field staff, conduct case studies for informed decisions making.
Supervise the national M&E team for sustainable capacity development:
- Supervise the national M&E team in the most effective and efficient manner;
- Develop the national capacities on programme M&E activities based on staff capacity development plan;
- Play the role of a technical advisor to the programme M&E team;
- Conduct different training programme for M&E team as well as programme technical teams assuring sound implementation of the M&E activities.
Play the role of M&E advisor for informed decision making:
- Provide timely advices to the project management based on project monitoring and evaluation;
- Ensure follow up and reporting to the project management on different adjustments made to the programme activities in the light of M&E suggestions;
- Provide advice to UNDP for project adjustments in the light of M&E activities.
Impact of Results
- The performance of the responsibilities will result in ensuring capturing results achieved by the programme and progress made towards project overall objective and outputs while ensuring evidence based progress reports. It will allow the national and international stakeholders have a facts based orientation of the programme progress and will allow them make them informed decision making. Moreover, regular advisory services of the M&E specialist will ensure timely corrective measures in the programme for longer term effective and efficient results delivery.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Has dedication to the United Nations principles and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Has initiative and ability to exercise sound judgment;
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Possesses strong communication skills and analytical abilities, particularly in the areas of governance, learning, training and capacity development/transfer;
- Is able to lead the formulation, oversee the implementation, and monitor and evaluate a specific project;
- Is able to manage multiple tasks in an effective, pro-active and timely manner and to apply newly-acquired skills;
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Is able to inspire and influence action;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Has deep understanding of post conflict environment and the evolving development challenges.
Qualifications et expériences requises
- Master’s Degree in development studies (international development, post conflict development/recovery), business administration, or any social science-related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible professional working experience in international development especially in the area of monitoring and evaluation; working with learning and capacity development initiatives, preferably in conflict/post conflict situation;
- Experience of working in the field of reporting and monitoring to include experience in developing plans, tracking results, reporting to different constituencies. Monitoring experience in the UN context highly desirable;
- Experience in results-based management (RBM) is desirable;
- Knowledge and understanding of public sector institutional capacity development requirements;
- Knowledge and understanding of conflict/post conflict development (peace building, reintegration etc.) activities;
- Experience related to UNDP's mandate and activities an asset;
- Previous experience of working in UNDP, UNICEF or the UN system highly desirable;
- Excellent computer/information systems skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of Dari or any other local languages will be an asset.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Please note that only applications who are short-listed will be contacted.
For more detailed information about UNDP Afghanistan please visit our website at www.undp.org.af
- Successful candidates must be prepared to start work within 3 weeks of the offer of appointment.
- Internal candidates who have served a minimum of 12 months in the current assignment are invited to apply.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Cliquez ici pour prendre connaissance d'informations importantes concernant les résidents permanents des Etats-Unis (détenteurs de la "carte verte").
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.