CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT NATIONAL INSTITUTIONAL CAPACITY NEEDS ASSESSMENT ON CLIMATE RISK MANAGEMENT (UGANDAN NATIONAL)
|Date limite de candidature :||19-Sep-12|
|Catégorie supplémentaire||Environnement et Energie|
|Type de contrat :||Individual Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||National Consultant|
|Langues requises :||
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||20 working days|
|Durée prévue de la mission :||20 working days|
UNDP is providing financial and technical assistance to Government of Uganda towards improving policies and strategies for environment and natural resources management and climate risk management.
The aim of the support is to contribute to strengthening of national capacity for policy implementation through review and or development of policies and strategies. Policies and strategies of priority include:
- National environment management policy;
- EIA guidelines and regulations to mainstream health and social issues (HIV) into capital projects;
- National biomass strategy;
- Strategies for electronic waste management;
- Institutional coordination for ENR and climate risk management activities.
In Uganda, Climate Risk Management interventions are being implemented in a sector based approach by different ministries and agencies both at national and district level as across cutting issue and mainly co-ordinated by the Disaster Risk Reduction platform based at Office Of the Prime minister. However, there is need to conduct a national capacity needs assessment of these institutions in order to develop a training manual and improve coordination among the institutions.
As part of strengthening coordination of climate risk management, government is seeking services of a Consultant(Ugandan National) to conduct a National Institutional Capacity Needs Assessment on Climate Risk Management.
Devoirs et responsabilités
Objective of the Assignment:
To assess the institutional capacities in CRM and develop training manual for CRM.
Scope of work:
The scope of the consultancy will include but not limited to:
- Conduct detailed institutional capacity needs assessment of selected institutions at national and regional level on Climate Risk Management. These includes government ministries and agencies, selected District Local Government from all the regions in Uganda, (Karamoja region, northern region, western region, Eastern region and central) including international, National and local humanitarian organizations with Climate Risk Management Interventions;
- Identify the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats of the institutions on climate risk Management;
- Identify CRM interventions among the selected institutions;
- Propose interventions for strengthening CRM for selected institutions;
- Develop training guide for CRM for technical staff at both national and district level staff;
- Brief desk-based review of any existing information and CRM interventions will be conducted;
- Field-based key informant interviews with representatives of districts and Institutions at both national and regional levels to identify Strength, weak neses and the opportunities / challenges involved in CRM.
The specific outputs will include:
- An inception report for the study to be reviewed by a selected technical team;
- Draft report to be reviewed by a selected technical team;
- Final National institutional capacity needs for Climate Risk Management report;
- A training guide for Climate Risk Management for technical staff at national and district level
Duration and Timelines:
The consultancy will utilise up to 20 person/work days spread over a period of one month.
Liaison and Reporting:
The Consultant will report to the Resident Representative on all contractual obligations and to The Permanent secretary in Office of the Prime minister, through the commissioner, Department of Disaster Preparedness on all technical and day-to-day delivery of the assignment.
The consultant will implement the assignment under the guidance of Technical focal point persons and technical staff at OPM and Climate change Unit
All reports shall be submitted to Office of the Prime Minister with copy to UNDP. OPM shall certify all deliverables before UNDP effects any payments.
UNDP-GOU Support to the Consultant:
- Access to all past reports and data relevant to this assignment;
- Access to the UNDP Office and its infrastructure;
- Assistance to gain access to relevant stakeholders for discussions and to obtain information pertaining to the consultancy;
- Transport for visits to stakeholders in Kampala and its vicinity.
- Good understanding of Disaster Risk Reduction and climate change;
- Knowledge on decentralisation and governance systems in Uganda.
Qualifications et expériences requises
- The candidate should possess an advanced degree. Qualification in the fields of, Disaster risk reduction, climate risk management, Climate change management, environment and natural resources is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in the field of Environment management, Climate change or disaster risk reduction;
- Professional experience in undertaking institutional and organisational capacity needs assessment and development of capacity development plan.
Preparation of Proposals:
Proposals prepared by the Bidder and all correspondence and documents relating to the proposal exchanged by the bidder and the procuring UNDP entity shall be in English.
Documents to be included in the proposals:
Proposal shall comprise of the following documents:
- Proposal submission – online application at the following address: http://jobs.undp.org
- Technical Proposal – suggested outline for technical proposal:
a. The offerors interpretation of the assignment;
b. Clarifications and or suggestions on scope of assignment;
c. Approach and Methodology for undertaking the assignment along with timelines;
- Any additional information that demonstrates individual capacity to undertake the proposed assignment.
The financial proposal will indicate the price which will be in Uganda Shillings.
The payment will be made in four installments:
- 20% upon submission and approval of an inception report for the study to be reviewed by a selected technical team;
- 20% upon submission and approval of a Draft report to be reviewed by a selected technical team;
- 40% upon submission and approval of a Final National institutional capacity needs for Climate Risk Management report;
- 20% upon submission of a training guide for Climate Risk Management for technical staff at national and district level.
Eligible consultants(Ugandan Nationals only) are required to submit application and a detailed CV/Resume online at http://jobs.undp.org.
Please note that the system will only allow you to upload one document, therefore all the technical and financial proposals are to be attached to the CVs and uploaded together at once/as a single document.
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.