COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE (FOR INDONESIAN NATIONALITY ONLY) (FOR UN ROSTER)
|Fecha límite de postulación||12-May-12|
|Tipo de contrato||FTA Local|
|Nivel de puesto||GS-6|
|Duración del contrato inicial||12 months|
I. Organizational Context
The United Nations system in Indonesia works as a team to develop the best strategy to respond to national needs and plans, building on agency asset. To support its operations, UN Indonesia is opening vacancies for roster of qualified personnel.Candidates will be assessed by UN Human Resources team for particular type/level of function.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of DRR or Communications Specialist/Analyst, the Communications Associate supports the formulation and implementation of the communications and advocacy strategies to increase the standing and awareness of UNDP with partners, the media and the public. The Communications Associate promotes a client-oriented approach in UNDP.
The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations teams in the CO, staff of other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff (Communications Office) and the Regional Communications Advisor, Government officials, media, multilateral and bilateral donors and civil society. The Programme Associate may supervise support staff of the Communications Unit.
Deberes y responsabilidades
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to formulation and implementation of communications and advocacy strategies, support to business development
- Support to implementation of the CO publications policy
- Maintenance of websites, databases and knowledge management systems
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1.Supports the formulation and implementation of CO communications and advocacy strategies, supports business development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of inputs and information for elaboration of CO communication strategy based on the corporate communications strategy
- Support to increased awareness of UNDP’s mandate and goals through dissemination of information, organization of public events
- In coordination with supervisor development and preparation of materials for marketing and awareness-raising including briefing materials and press releases.
- Organization of publicity, advocacy, knowledge-sharing events and promotional opportunities. Provision of logistics support to the events.
- Review of reference materials, identification of reference materials for retention. Maintenance of information database and photo library.
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources;
- Organization and implementation of joint UN information campaigns (UN Day, World AIDS Day, etc).
2. Ensures implementation of the CO publications policy focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Suggestions, inputs, content development, coordination of production and dissemination of press releases, publications, articles and sharing of CO knowledge and successes.
3. Ensures maintenance of web sites, data bases and knowledge management systems focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Updated and high quality CO web sites in line with corporate branding requirements;
- Preparation of the content for the web sites ensuring consistency of the materials;
- Maintenance of other web sites and databases as assigned.
4.Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to CO staff in identification, documenting and drafting of best practices and lessons learned.
- Organization of training for the CO staff on effective communications and advocacy.
III. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the reputation and standing of UNDP in the country. High quality information material and well-organized public events enhances UNDP position as a strong development partner.
IV. Competencies and Critical Success Factors
Advocacy/Advancing a Policy-Oriented Agenda
Level 1.1: Support the preparation of information for advocacy
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
- Makes research of contacts in the media, government, private sector, donors, other agencies, civil society in other stakeholders for UNDP’s advocacy efforts
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Creating Visibility for UNDP/Supporting UNDP’s Capacity to Advocate
Level 1.1: Research and information gathering
- Disseminate information and materials on UNDP’s development/humanitarian activities
- Maintains networks and knowledge assets for use in visibility and image activities
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
Level 1.1: Research and analysis
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
Conceptual Innovation in the Provision of Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Research and provision of information
- Responds positively to new approaches
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
V. Recruitment Qualifications
- Secondary education. University degree desirable, but it is not a requirement
- 5 to 6 years of relevant experience at the national level in providing communication packages to promote the activities of international development organization. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION . Click here to down load the form P11
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
UN Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UN Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.