FAO TRANSLATOR/INTERPRETER (FAO-ECTAD/TI/27/03/128) (FOR INDONESIAN NATIONALITY ONLY)
|Fecha límite de postulación||11-Apr-12|
|Tipo de contrato||Other|
|Nivel de puesto||Other|
|Duración del contrato inicial||3 months initial contract with possibility of extension|
THIS IS FAO POST, PLEASE SEND DIRECTLY APPLICATION IN LINE WITH APPLICATION PROCEDURE AS OUTLINED BELOW
I. Organizational Context
Under FAO Representative in Indonesia, The Chief Technical Adviser and Project Manager/ Operations Coordinator and directly supervised by the Senior Translator, The translator will provide interpretation and translation to support the FAO/ GOI Avian Influenza Control Programme, Indonesia.
Deberes y responsabilidades
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Provide oral translation from Indonesian into English and vice versa to technical advisors, project visitors and project personnel during trainings, workshops, meetings, field visits and researches.
- Translate related project documents as requested
- Assist in and facilitating contact between technical advisors or project visitors and other parties deemed necessary in the course of the work of the project
- Assist in taking meeting minutes if required
- Perform other related duties as required by the Senior Translator
The key results have an impact on the success of ECTAD Programme implementation in Indonesia
- Demonstrates commitment to FAO vision, mission and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Contributes effectively to team work and team outcomes
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
Education: Diploma or University (S1) graduate
- Minimum of consecutive two (2) years experience in translation or interpretation work
- Previous employment in international organizations preferably within the UN specialized agencies;
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multi- cultural environment with sensitivity and respect to diversity; and
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Excellent written and spoken English and Bahasa
Please be informed that all applications should be addressed to:
Operations Support Unit
Office of the FAO Representative in Indonesia 11th Floor Menara Thamrin Building
Jl. M. H. Thamrin Kav 3 Jakarta 10250
Email address: FAO-ID@fao.org
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.