The Specialists in Polygraph Design will work closely with Knowledge Management Analyst, Communications Specialist and/or Programme Specialist/Programme Associate to ensure polygraph design of the requested materials; lay-out of knowledge products and information materials in English and Russian; development of new graphic solutions; and design of innovative interactive products. In particular, the Specialist in Polygraph Design will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintain and strengthen UN Women brand
- Ensure that all publications, reports and other knowledge products/information materials are produced in line with the UN Women graphic guidelines;
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print presentation.
- Design and layout of reports and other knowledge products/information materials
- Support and lead the design process of knowledge products/information materials for printing, electronic distribution and live delivery;
- Develop layout of knowledge products/information materials in close cooperation with the Knowledge Management Analyst, Communications Specialist and/or Programme Specialist/Programme Associate;
- Propose few samples of design for publications and products in line with graphic guidelines and in close cooperation with the Knowledge Management Analyst, Communications Specialist and/or Programme Specialist/Programme Associate;
- Improve and edit art-works, photos, charts and other graphic elements (if necessary).
- Ensuring confidentiality of the developed materials. All materials submitted to UN Women EECA under the given ToR is the property of UN Women EECA and cannot be submitted, distributed to or used by any other party, unless arranged otherwise.
- The Specialist in Polygraph Design is obligated to work within the required deadlines and be available to UN Women for comments and corrections.
UN Women applies fair and transparent selection process that takes into account the competencies/skills of the applicants as well as their financial proposals. The contract shall be awarded to the candidates who are the most technically qualified and provides the best value for money.
Only candidates who meet minimum requirements will be contacted for making test design using key elements provided by UN Women EECA. Only the candidates successfully passed technical evaluation, i.e. passing through 70% of the total score (please see the table below) will be requested to submit a price quotation for each type of deliverable (leaflet, publication etc) for further evaluation.
Technical evaluation criteria:
Nr. / Criteria / Maximum points
- University degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts and/or related field - 60;
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Polygraph Design; work in media and communication would be an asset - 60;
- Strong practical background in graphic design, including the knowledge of design software (InDesign, CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator etc.) - 40;
- Demonstrate a clear and mature style of design with an understanding to implement in an official UN setting (based on findings of test design) - 120:
- Overall design – 50
- Colour management – 30
- Adequate application of photography – 30
- Correct usage of logo - 10
5. Fluency in Russian; English would be an asset (additional 10 scores) - 30;
6. Proven experience (with international organizations) of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) - 40.
Maximum total technical scoring: 350
Evaluation of financial proposal
Evaluation of submitted financial offers will be done based on the basis of lowest financial offer.
How to apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this position should provide a completed Personal History Form (P11) in English providing full details on education, present and past employment, language skills, computer skills, etc. P11 form can be downloaded here http://www.unwomen.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/P_11_form_UNwomen.doc