PROJECT SUPPORT OFFICER - CADRIN ( ONLY FOR SRI LANKAN NATIONALS)
||Multi Duty Station, Sri Lanka
|Fecha límite de postulación||21-May-12|
|Categoría adicional||Gobernabilidad democrática|
|Tipo de contrato||Service Contract|
|Nivel de puesto||SB-3|
|Fecha de comienzo del contrato|
(Fecha en que se espera que comience el candidato seleccionado)
|Duración del contrato inicial||One Year|
|UNDP has launched a project aimed at supporting the implementation of capacity development interventions in the Northern district, especially, rendering support to strengthen the District and Divisional Secretariats to function as nodal agencies for planning, coordination, management of the recovery process and future development. It is also hoped that assistance to Grama Niladhari Divisions will be a catalyst to service delivery at the local level and play a vital role in assessing community needs, coordinating actors at the local level and translate recovery policies into action on the ground.
Furthermore, it is envisaged to promote an enabling environment for the emergence of community organizations viz., rural development societies, agricultural cooperatives and women’s groups. By investing in grassroots capacities, UNDP will enable affected communities to address both their immediate and longer-term needs and social/economic vulnerabilities, thus building community resilience that would safeguard them against future disasters as well.
The Project Support Officer should ideally be a strong individual with a history of high level experience in social mobilization, who will anchor the project in the districts.
Deberes y responsabilidades
- Assist the Project Coordinator to coordinate project activities with the support of stakeholders, Steering Committees, project staff and District Secretaries (GAs);
- Support the Project Coordinator and Project Management Unit (PMU) in preparing and revising work plans for the project duration, based on advice and support from the Project Board/Steering Committee and APC;
- Help monitor the progress of work plans with information accessed from the districts; prepare comprehensive evaluation/progress reports and share these with the UNDP, and District Advisory Committee (DAC);
- Assist planning and coordination of project review meetings which includes stakeholders, DACs, UNDP and other interested parties;
- Provide technical feedback to the Project Coordinator and UNDP on capacity requirement of the civil society organizations;
- Coordinate with the District level actors to provide technical support in capacity development for civil society organizations;
- Guide the partners in identifying training needs, formulating and designing training programmes;
- Ensure capacity development of staff, local partners and civil society organizations in relation to project planning, implementation and monitoring;
- Ensure information flows are maintained at the community level as well as to and from the centre (PMU) and facilitate decisions making process at the district level;
- Carry out financial, accounting and administrative activities of the PSU and districts;
- Provide technical advice (financial and administrative) to the District Support Officers;
- Assist the Project Coordinator in carrying out project related financial, accounting and administrative activities and ensure that project authorities are carried out within the financial limitations of the budget;
- Assist in preparing periodic progress reports and the final project report;
- Other project-related tasks as may be required and assigned by the UNDP.
- Good know-how on the proposed geographical area of coverage is essential;
- Strong networking and partnership building skills;
- Excellent report writing skills, analytical and research skills;
- Ability to work in a team, while being an active and interactive team leader;
- Proven ability to handle information in a concise and cohesive manner;
- Ability to interact effectively with senior officials of government, the international community, civil society organizations and other stakeholders;
- Training or mentoring skills and experience in training small groups;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural/multi-disciplinary team;
- Computer literacy.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- Secondary education in Social Science, Agriculture or related field with minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in project management of donor funded projects;
- Previous experience in working with Local Authorities and managing civil society capacity development projects at the community level would be an added advantage;
- Exposure to CBOs/ small organizations at the grassroots level, awareness of local capacities, linkages with civil society groups at the grassroots level and extensive experience communicating the needs of such organizations;
- Excellent report writing skills including extensive experience with analysis and providing progress reports to stakeholders;
- Experience in report preparation and field monitoring;
- Financial/administrative managerial experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English;
- Fluency in Tamil and Sinhala essential.
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.