CONTENT MANAGEMENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
||UNDP, Estados Unidos de América
|Fecha límite de postulación||25-May-12|
|Tipo de contrato||Individual Contract|
|Nivel de puesto||International Consultant|
|Fecha de comienzo del contrato|
(Fecha en que se espera que comience el candidato seleccionado)
|Duración del contrato inicial||6 months|
|Duración esperada del puesto||6 months|
|Currently, UNDP does not have a way to estimate the amount of Web sites maintained by its Country Offices and programmes. Each Country Office and a number of central units have their own websites with fragmented navigation or information across them as a whole and inconsistent adherence to the corporate look and feel.
To obviate this problem, UNDP commissioned the Web Upgrade Project. The project aims to standardize web management, reduce inefficiencies, improve UNDP’s global image, facilitate transparency, and ensure that the general public, the UNDP community (partners, donors, etc.), development professionals and programme staff can easily locate the information they need.
The Office of Communications recently adopted DAY CQ5, a new content management system that provides website authoring, collaboration, and administration tools designed to allow users with little knowledge of web programming languages or markup languages to create and manage website content with relative ease. The Online Communications Team plans to roll out the new content management system (DAY CQ5) to UNDP country offices world-wide.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief of Online Communications and Website Specialists at the Office of Communications, the Content Management Trainer/Specialist will:
This is a local-based consultancy.
- Support the Online Communications team in client interactions for adoption of the CMS in UNDP offices world-wide, design and develop learning materials for the CMS, and act as a support resource for adopters of the CMS.
- Coordinate and deliver client-oriented training services on-site and virtually for country offices and headquarters staff, with regards to building and managing websites using the new DAY CQ5 content management system;
Deberes y responsabilidades
|Training organization, delivery, and support
- Acts as support resource for staff in headquarters and country offices; fields questions via email, phone, or in person regarding the use and adoption of the CMS;
- Leads and facilitates the delivery of training events through on-site trainings, workshops, on/offline blended learning events and webinars
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Demonstrates and promotes the values of UN/UNDP in actions and decisions and acts in accordance with the standard of conduct for international civil servants.
- Shows willingness to work without bias with all persons regardless of gender, nationality, religion or culture.
- Integrates himself/herself into the work unit, taking responsibility for own contribution to achieving team results.
- Takes initiative and seeks opportunities to initiate action.
- Proposes innovative ideas and new solutions to work.
- Actively shares knowledge, information resources and experiences with peers.
- Demonstrates strong IT skills.
- Strong experience in managing, using and advocating for content management systems and web authoring tools.
- Excellent understanding of web applications, in particular content management systems and the challenges and opportunities regarding their use within organizations.
- Excellent English communication and facilitation skills in face-to-face settings and in writing;
- Ability to explain complex and abstract concepts in simple terms and adapt language and content to different target audiences.
- Client-service attitude and sensitivity in communicating with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with cross-functional teams,
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Ability to effectively manage logistics of events, trainings and small-scale projects.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- University degree in Communications, Management, Knowledge Management, Organizational Development, Social Sciences or other related discipline. Alternatively, five years of equivalent experience.
- A professional certification in training, learning management or facilitation is an asset but not a requirement.
- Extensive hands-on experience and knowledge of IT platforms and web applications, including content management systems.
- Experience in providing support and guidance to non-technical users in a wide range of situations
- Fluency in English required. Proficiency in another UN language is an asset (in particular Spanish and French).
All interested applicants should submit the following documents. Incomplete submission can be a ground for disqualification.
- Updated P11 or Resume/CV
- Statement of Interest (cover letter) with a brief narrative addressing the competencies mentioned above.
- Financial proposal stating your daily fee for the assignment (please include as part of your cover letter)
Shortlisted candidates will be rated according to the following criteria:
Year of relevant experience in communications, training or related field - 40%
Previous experience in web content management systems and developing learning materials - 30%
Good understanding of online communications needs, excellent attention to detail and client service experience - 30%
Total Technical - 100%
(*)Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% in the Technical Evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation
Financial Proposal - 30%
Cumulative Analysis will be used in determining the best candidate for this assignment. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract is made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as responsive/compliant/acceptable, and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria:
* Technical Criteria weight: 70%
* Financial Criteria weight: 30%
No travel is envisaged for this assignment. As this is a local consultancy, UNDP will not cover the travel costs to duty station. Candidate is responsible for required US working documents.
ANNEX 1- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS_ INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT (IC)
Pulse aquí para consultar información importante para los residentes permanentes de los EE.UU. (tarjeta verde)
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.