EXTERNAL EDITOR, UNDP SRI LANKA
|Fecha límite de postulación||28-May-12|
|Tipo de contrato||Individual Contract|
|Nivel de puesto||International Consultant|
|Fecha de comienzo del contrato|
(Fecha en que se espera que comience el candidato seleccionado)
|Duración del contrato inicial||14 Days|
|Duración esperada del puesto||14 Days|
|The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the development arm of the United Nations. UNDP’s overarching goal in Sri Lanka has been to support the country in the attainment of the Millennium Development Goals and the reduction of poverty. UNDP pursues this goal by working closely with the Government of Sri Lanka in supporting recovery from natural and man-made disasters and crisis prevention, sustainable use of natural resources and greater reliance on renewable energy, the promotion of democratic governance and human rights and smooth transition from early recovery to long term development.
UNDP Sri Lanka aims to produce a publication that will showcase a positive image of our work in the country to the public, as well as to a wide range of partners, including the Government and donors. The publication will focus on the way forward for UNDP Sri Lanka as it moves into a new programme cycle and the results achieved under the current programme cycle (2008-2012). This publication will be a critical tool to bolster our credibility and resources in the years ahead.
Deberes y responsabilidades
A draft of the publication has already been developed. As such, the Consultant – External Editor will work with UNDP Sri Lanka to further improve this draft, and ensure that it is a well-structured and coherent publication, that meets high-standards and quality.
- Work closely with UNDP Sri Lanka on strengthening the overall structure of the publication, including the content, scope, organization, design and style;
- Edit all aspects of the publication, especially focusing on language, grammar, and political sensitivities, without compromising the information that the author intended, following the UNDP Style Guide and United Nations Editorial Manual.
- Finalized publication on "UNDP Sri Lanka - Achievements and Way Forward."
The Consultant – External Editor will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Provide input and suggest changes as necessary to the overall structure, including content, scope, organization, design and style;
- Edit (and/or re-write) all material of the publication. The editor should especially focus on language (clarity, flow, structure, word-breaks, consistencies in language, less jargon), grammar and spelling, as well as political sensitivities;
- Ensure that the layout and images used complement the text and are relevant.
The Role of UNDP:
- Provide the consultant with all that is necessary to ensure that the consultant undertake the work with reasonable efficiency.
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Deliver high quality work on tight deadlines;
- Extensive experience in editing substantial reports, publications, documents in English;
- Familiarity with UNDP’s work in the country.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- Extensive experience in writing and editing substantial reports, publications and documents in English;
- Experience with UNDP style or similar style guide;
- Good knowledge of the UN system in general; UNDP and its development mandate in particular;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and under tight time constraints;
- Deliver high quality work on tight deadlines;
- Experience on writing for/editing publications of international organizations.
Interested individual consultants or institutions must submit the following documents:
- Information to demonstrate their qualifications and experience: All support documents and below financial module must be part of the detailed CV and uploaded as one document;
- CV of consultant or nominated resource personnel including past experience in similar exercises;
- Examples and proof of similar work undertaken and successfully delivered within the last 3-5 years; Contact numbers of two non-related referees;
- Detailed financial proposal in USD with a clear indication of all inclusive fee per day (to include consultancy fee/honorarium/stationery/admin costs etc. All Inclusive Fee Per day (LKR); VAT (12%) ( If Applicable); Other (please specify).
- The applicant must factor in all possible costs in his/her financial proposal including his/her daily consultancy fee, honorarium, additional HR cost (as required) such as translators and field assistants, communication cost such as telephone usage, printing cost, and stationary, and any other foreseeable costs in this exercise;
- The consultants/organizations are responsible for arranging their transportation, accommodation and other costs for any travel to the field (if required to) including driver, accommodation, fuel, and vehicle). The estimated transportation/accommodation cost (daily rate) should be submitted to UNDP for approval and endorsement prior to conducting the field work in order for it to be reimbursed by UNDP upon return from the field;
- Payments of the proposed fees to the consultants are based upon delivery of the services and products specified in the TOR;
- No costs other than what has been indicated in the financial proposal will be paid or reimbursed to the consultant or institution.
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.