||Juba, SOUTH SUDAN
|Fecha límite de postulación||08-Jun-12|
|Tipo de contrato||FTA Local|
|Nivel de puesto||GS-3|
|Fecha de comienzo del contrato|
(Fecha en que se espera que comience el candidato seleccionado)
|Duración del contrato inicial||1 year|
|Duración esperada del puesto||30 June 2013|
The UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, the UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UNW has established a programme for South Sudan that is aligned with the South Sudan Development Plan and UNDAF (2011-2013) and targets 3 key results areas:
- Women’s leadership and participation in gender-responsive governance enhanced;
- Increased women’s access to economic empowerment and opportunities;
- Improved protection and security for women and girls.
UNW works closely with other UN Agencies in the country and is to chair the gender theme group and is currently in the process of recruiting an adviser to take the in coordinate the UN System-Wide policy on Gender Equality and strategy on Gender Mainstreaming. UNW will also take the lead in developing a joint UN programme on gender in line with the UNDAF. Given the high priority placed on national ownership, UNW will support the Ministry of Gender, Child and Social Welfare to engage in government-led coordination mechanisms
It is in this context that UNW in South Sudan seeks to recruit Driver, who under the guidance and supervision of the UNW Representative and direct supervisor, Operations Specialist, provides reliable and safe driving services to UNW and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon request of the supervisor, the Driver can be also required to provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the Country Office (CO), Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission
Deberes y responsabilidades
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of UN Women, other high-ranking officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
|Corporate Competencies: |
- Demonstrates commitment to UN Women’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- Secondary Education;
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in Language of the duty station;
- Knowledge of English and/or other UN language would be an asset.
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.