GUESTHOUSE ASSOCIATE RE-ADVERTISEMENT (OPEN TO SOUTH SUDANESE NATIONALS ONLY)
||Juba, SOUTH SUDAN
|Fecha límite de postulación||14-Jun-12|
|Tipo de contrato||Service Contract|
|Nivel de puesto||SB-3|
Árabe Inglés |
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Deputy Country Director (Operations), the Guesthouse Associate works under close supervision of the Compound Manager in the management of the two residential compounds in administrative services, supervisions of staff in the compounds, and executes processes and transactions ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Guesthouse Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Guesthouse Associate works in close collaboration with the Compound Manager in compounds to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Deberes y responsabilidades
Summary of Key Functions:
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Efficient administrative support
- Support to supply and assets management
- Support to administrative and financial control
- Support to common services
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures efficient administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
Provides support to proper supply and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Prepare monthly accommodation bills for rent deductions;
- Coordinate with relevant Housing Compound staff on status/condition of water, fuel and electricity and liaise with relevant suppliers;
- Ensure timely maintenance and servicing of the generators;
- Follow-up and ensure that repairs and maintenance of Rooms, Houses and Facilities are done in prompt manner like electrical, plumbing, A/Cs repairs, and carpentry so as not to inconvenience residents;
- Registering new guests and files of guest registration forms are properly maintained;
- Briefing of new incoming long-term/short-term residents on existing Guest house policies;
- Assist the Guesthouse Manager in logistical and procurement requirements;
- Monitor daily attendance and prepare monthly attendance for Guest house staff;
- Supervising Housing Compounds staff and ensure satisfactory performance of their respective duties;
- Implement minimum service standards for Guesthouse daily operations;
- Liaise with relevant staff in UNDP Operations unit on issues concerning Housing Compound;
- Supervision of cleaning services;
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
Provides support for effective administrative and financial control in the office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Coordination of assets management in the CO, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports;
Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies.
Ensures proper common services focusing on achievement of the following result:
Maintenance of administrative control records such as guest files, fuel record, generators maintenance schedule and direct request for payments and other expenditures files;
Raise E-requisition for and payment of materials to be procured;
- Coordination of common premises/services cost-recovery arrangements;
- Maintain records of all items purchased in the guest house and major maintenances.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Maintenance of Compound common services space management to ensure integrated activities on common services and implementation of the UN reform.
- Training of staff in the compound on the administrative procedure;
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems;
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components;
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems.
Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems;
- Prepares timely inputs to reports.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- Secondary education;
- Certification in administration desirable;
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement
- 6 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.