AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM (APRM)/NATIONAL PROGRAMME OF ACTION IMPLEMENTATION STRATEGY
||Freetown, Sierra Leona
|Fecha límite de postulación||11-Jun-12|
|Categoría adicional||Gobernabilidad democrática|
|Tipo de contrato||Individual Contract|
|Nivel de puesto||National Consultant|
|Duración del contrato inicial||One Month|
|Duración esperada del puesto||One Month|
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) is a process of periodic performance reviews by Africans of African Governments’ efforts towards promoting good governance. Sierra Leone acceded to the APRM in 2004, completed the review process in December 2011 and peer reviewed at the 16th APRM Forum held on 28th January 2012 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The next critical activity after the Peer Review Forum is the implementation of the APRM National Programme of Action (NPOA). The NPOA is central to the APRM being the major output of the review process which brings out the value added elements of the APRM process in the country. The primary purpose of the NPOA is to guide and mobilize the country’s efforts in implementing the necessary changes to improve the state of governance and socio-economic development.
Critical to the effective implementation of the NPOA is the preparation of a realistic strategy for its implementation. Given that after the base review, three years has been the ideal time-frame slated for APRM countries to implement their respective NPOA before embarking on a second review, the APRM National Governing Council recommended the development of a three year NPOA Implementation Strategy (2012-2015) in line with existing national development programmes being carried out.
Deberes y responsabilidades
Functions/Key Results Expected:
The Consultant’s scope of work is to prepare the APRM Implementation Strategy through a mapping exercise of ongoing initiative and projects in the APRM governance areas (Democracy and Good Political Governance, Economic Governance and Management, Corporate Governance and Socio-Economic Development) and alignment with existing national development programmes.
The scope of work includes:
- Aligning the NPOA with the ongoing Strategic Action Plans of relevant MDAs;
- Designing of appropriate institutional arrangements for the implementation of the NPOA;
- Develop a communication activity plan for the popularization of the NPOA amongst implementing and oversight institutions (MDAs, CSOs, Private Sector);
- Design a framework for monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the NPOA and annual reporting on progress in its implementation;
- Determining the logistics, finance and human resource requirements for the effective functioning of the APRM National Governing Council, Secretariat, District Committees etc.
- Design a strategy for the mobilization of resources from Government, Private Sector and donor Community for the implementation of the NPOA;
- Deliverables/Final Products Expected;
- Three year strategy for the implementation of the NPOA (2012-2015).
Impact of Results:
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of the NPOA;
- Effective reporting on progress in the implementation of the NPOA.
Key required Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of the APRM process in general and NPOA in particular;
- Conversant with the Middle Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) strategic action plans of MDAs;
- Good Knowledge in Political and Economic Governance and Management; Corporate Governance and Socio-Economic Development.
- The Consultant shall report to the APRM National governing Council and Secretariat for confirmation of satisfactory completion of work.
Duration of the Consultancy:
Evaluation of Criteria and Weighting:
- 1st instalment – 20% upon signing of the contract;
- 2nd Instalment 30% upon submission of Draft final three year strategy encompassing key deliverables specified in III above signed off by the APRM National Governing Council and Secretariat;
- 3rd instalment – 50% upon submission of final three year strategy encompassing key deliverables specified in III above signed off by the APRM National Governing Council and Secretariat.
The consultant will be evaluated against a combination of technical and financial criteria. Maximum score is 100% out of a total score for technical criteria equals 70% and 30% for financial criteria. The technical criteria will take into account the following as per weightings provided:
- Education qualification as defined in the TOR – 10%;
- Methodology approach to the task 50%;
- Knowledge in the APRM process and preparation of MTEF Strategic Action Plans of MDAs 30%;
- Good computer skills, communication and writing skills – 10%.
Qualified and interested candidates are hereby required to apply. The application should contain the following:
Sierra Leonean Nationals are to apply for this position and kindly note we are strictly going by the application procedures stated above .
- Brief proposal addressing the requirement (methodology);
- Detailed achievements (CV);
- Financial proposal.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- At least an advanced university degree in a relevant field of study such as Political and/ Social Science, development studies. The suitable candidate for this consultancy shall be a specialist in project planning and implementation, shall have vast knowledge in donor relations and support; strategic plan development.
- The Expert shall have a proven track record in Donor coordination, preparation and implementation of MDAs Strategic Action Plans and APRM implementation process;
- Strong analytical skills, requisite knowledge and experience in Democracy and Political Governance, Economic Governance and Management, Corporate Governance and Socio-Economic Development.
- Excellent ability to communicate in English with proven analytical and facilitation skills.
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.