INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT -SUPPORT TO PARTICIPATORY CONSTITUTION BUILDING IN NEPAL (SPCBN) PROJECT
|Fecha límite de postulación||21-Jun-12|
|Categoría adicional||Gobernabilidad democrática|
|Tipo de contrato||Individual Contract|
|Nivel de puesto||International Consultant|
|Fecha de comienzo del contrato|
(Fecha en que se espera que comience el candidato seleccionado)
|Duración del contrato inicial||40 working days|
|Duración esperada del puesto||40 working days over the duration from 1 July 2012 - 30 Sept. 2012|
|The UNDP’s Support to Participatory Constitution Building in Nepal (SPCBN) project supports an inclusive process for building Nepal’s new constitution. The project has been supporting the constitution making process through the provision of training opportunities, expert advice, information, dialogue space, as well as promoting public awareness. The project also works with the CA, civil society, media and other actors in order to increase the general public’s knowledge of constitution-making and to feed their views into the making of the new constitution.
Complementing its activity, the Nepal Media Support project under SPCBN-UNDP in partnership with the Government of Japan and UNESCO will take a two-phased approach starting with surveys and assessments of the Nepal media environment in order to ensure that the direction of the project is based on extensive journalist inputs, followed by the second phase of capacity development based on the results of the phase one. For a successful transition, it is critical that Nepali media meet the demands of citizens for information and help re-establish public trust in and understanding of the political, peace and constitution making processes. In this regard, SPCBN requests the services of an International Consultant to prepare a comprehensive training manual for journalists.
Deberes y responsabilidades
|Under the direct supervision of the International Project Manager and in liaison with the Communications and Media Officer, the candidate is responsible for:
Developing a standardized journalism training manual by:
Expected Results/Final Products/Deliverables:
- Drawing clear conclusions from the comprehensive report based on the national survey of journalists and thepublic opinion poll, and addressing them in the training manual;
- Ensuring incorporation of relevant recommendations of the Survey Report keeping in view the reformative and capacity enhancement needs of Nepali journalism sector;
- Ensuring the assessment of the media training institutions and curricula approaches taking into account their strengths and weaknesses and reflecting the necessary elements in the course;?
- Establishing coordination with various stakeholders (such as training institutions, senior media persons, media and communications analysts, researchers, academics, etc.) to seek their inputs and thereby build the foundation of their ownership and endorsement in the product;
- Ensuring expert consultation to address the gender and other technical issues such as skills for online journalism;
- Categorizing developed training contents in a way that the packaged course can be used to address the short term and long term training needs separately;
- Classifying the generic and the specific needs of journalists engaged in various types of media e.g. Print, broadcast, online etc. and setting minimum standards of the training required to address the needs of the respective fields;
- Taking into account standard international products in the area of media training and incorporating the best practices from these products.
- A comprehensive training manual for journalists;
- Ability to work and deliver outputs under pressure;
- Good understanding of and familiarity with issues related to constitution making and peace process in Nepal.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or other relevant field;
- Ph. D Degree will be of added advantage.
- At least seven years of experience in preparing training manuals;
- Experience in content design of journalism courses/training materials and conducting trainings based on those designed training curricula;
- Experience in preparing tailor-made training curricula on various issues and categories.
- Excellent spoken and writing skills in English. Ability to write reports, make presentations.
Application and Required Documentation:
- Mandatory (max. 300 words): A cover letter with a brief presentation of your consultancy explaining why you are the most suitable for the work;
- Mandatory (max. 1000 words): A brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the work.
UNDP Personal History Form:
- Indicating a lump sum consultancy fee (most economic and direct air ticket cost will be reimbursed as per actual).
- Applicants of 62 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy;
- The candidate has to be an independent consultant (If the candidate is engaged with any organization, the organization employing the candidate will be issued with a Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA) to release the employee for the consultancy with UNDP);
- Due to the sheer number of applicants, the procurement unit will contact only the competitively selected consultant.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodologies:
- Lowest price and technically compliant offer - The award of a contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as both:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) offering the lowest price/cost
“responsive/compliant/acceptable” can be defined as fully meeting the TOR provided.
* Technical Criteria weight; 70% * Financial Criteria weight; 30%
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Criteria Weight Technical:
- Criterion A: At least Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or other relevant field 20%
- Criterion B: A minimum of 7 years professional experience at the national or international level in preparing the training manuals 20%
- Criterion C : Proven experience in content designing of Journalism courses/training materials and enough experience on conducting training based on those designed training curricula 10%
- Criterion D : Past experience in preparing tailor made training curricula on various issues and categories 10%
- Criterion E : Past experience in working with the UN system, as well as major international development agencies and organizations 10%
- Lowest financial proposal 30%
Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified Lowest Bidder.
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.