PROJECT ANALYST (POOL FUND CONTRACTING)
|Fecha límite de postulación||11-Jul-12|
|Tipo de contrato||FTA International|
|Nivel de puesto||P-2|
|Fecha de comienzo del contrato|
(Fecha en que se espera que comience el candidato seleccionado)
|Duración del contrato inicial||1 Year with Possibility of Extension|
In Sudan, UNDP provides programme and operational services to the United Nations, civil society organizations, governments, and donors. Through its fund management service, UNDP is the lead agency in administering pooled funding from various donors, providing operational support for programme resource management, and providing finance, accounting, and legal services across the country.
The fund management services respond to country-level demands and adhere to the Secretary General’s UN reform plan, which places UNDP in a central position to coordinate and provide coherence to all United Nations activities in the country.
UNDP’s fund management services are also in line with the strategic goals of the Multi-Year Funding Framework 2004-2007, specifically the fourth core goal regarding the support of crisis prevention and recovery. This particular goal stresses the importance of “special initiatives for countries in transition” that are designed to help countries such as Sudan recover from violent political experiences of past generations and avoid relapsing into crisis. The fund management services delivered by UNDP under this goal help mitigate the risks and effects of crisis situations, enabling the country to advance toward the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Deberes y responsabilidades
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Fund Management Unit and direct supervision of the Fund Management Unit NGO Coordinator, the Project Analyst (Pool Fund Contracting) will perform the following key functions:
- Support the continued evolution of an effective contract processing and financial reporting capacity of NGOs to be used across the programme. This will include:
- Lead the M&E team in monitoring the quality of implementation, procurement, and tracking progress of CHF-funded projects though regular field visits. Ensure that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated.
- Produce and disseminate high quality analysis and evaluation findings of M&E team and recommendations to the intended to UNDP and other concerned stakeholders.
- Assist in developing standardized formats/templates (based on best practice and minimum intrusion to accepted processes).
- Track progress and monitor projects through undertaking project document analyses.
- Assist in preparing progress reports required under the pool fund managed by the unit.
- Assist in convening project reviews and meeting to help to solve problems.
- Support performance review using both substantive and financial reports.
- Assist in consolidating project analyses, prepared with relevant parties.
- To add value to implementing partners through involvement in the Project Cycle Management process.
- Ensure all recommendations, points of note and lessons learned are shared across the programme; and advice on any overall adjustment required, using established guidelines and procedures to realize maximum performance and impact.
- Support and assist implementing partners in the elaboration of progress reports, financial planning and reporting, annual work plans and activity schedules, visibility activities and other required documentation or actions.
- Working with the relevant colleagues to foster linkages among recipient organizations for sharing best practices and lesson learned.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in pre-screening project documents including project budgets submitted by NGOs to determine whether they meet UNDP programmatic and operational requirements.
- Preparation of relevant documentation for internal signature of agreements and disbursement of funds in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Liaising directly with NGOs on any necessary adjustment to project documents and payment request.
- Responsible for data management system including archives and electronic databases.
- Ensuring internal co-ordination is maintained through regular liaison with UNDP operations and finance units.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Summary of key competencies:
- Proven practical experience/qualification in project management/rural development.
- Practical experience in working with NGOs and UNDP,
- Understanding of operational procedures including reporting.
- Competency in computer skills, excel proficient use is a must.
- Demonstrable ability to undertake multiple tasking meeting deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to work in an open team setting where peer-management of tasks if the method of working.
- Highly motivated with demonstrable attitude for taking on a challenging position.
- Aptitude to continue personal development within the context of the tasks outlined.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- Masters degree or equivalent work experience in Business Administration, Public Administration or relevant development discipline.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant working experience with international agencies, international and local NGOs or within a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi-cultural setting.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of Arabic an asset.
Pulse aquí para consultar información importante para los residentes permanentes de los EE.UU. (tarjeta verde)
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.