|Fecha límite de postulación||15-Aug-12|
|Tipo de contrato||FTA International|
|Nivel de puesto||P-4|
Inglés Francés |
|Fecha de comienzo del contrato|
(Fecha en que se espera que comience el candidato seleccionado)
|Duración del contrato inicial||1 Year (Renewable)|
The Office of Audit and Investigations (OAI) reports to the Administrator and is responsible for internal audit and investigations services to UNDP and its affiliated entities. OAI provides independent, objective assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls. As part of its assurance work, OAI also supports the annual audit exercise of non-governmental/nationally executed projects (NGO/NEX projects) in some 150 countries where UNDP operates and reviews and analyses the resulting audit reports submitted by audit firms and government audit institutions.
OAI has a decentralized organizational structure with regional audit centres (RAC) located in the five regions covered by UNDP. The RAC is normally staffed with a Chief (P-5 level), one Programme Specialist/Audit (P-4 level), two or three Audit Specialists (P-4 or P-3 level), and one Administrative Associate (G-6 level).
The Audit Specialist reports to the Chief. The primary role of the Audit Specialist is to perform comprehensive audits of the country offices in the region.
Deberes y responsabilidades
- As a team leader, assumes responsibility and accountability for achieving the audit objectives. This involves:
- preparation of risk-based audit plans/programmes
- conduct of audit field work
- preparation and review of working papers
- preparation of Exit Conference notes
- preparation of draft audit reports, incorporating input from other team members
- Assesses the team members’ performance in a participatory manner and documents lessons learned.
- Provides direction and guidance to, and coaches team members ensuring effective team functioning.
- Presents audit results to management.
- Monitors the status of audit recommendations and appraises adequacy of action taken on audit recommendations.
- During peak periods, participates in the review of incoming NGO/NEX audit reports from the region and analyses them with regard to audit outcome, audit scope and audit administration and drafts NGO/NEX audit review letters.
- Identifies recurring and systemic issues in NGO/NEX audit reports for inclusion in corporate reports.
- Acts as OIC for the RAC when necessary.
- As a team leader or as a member of an audit team, conducts audit assignments in accordance with the International Standards for Internal Auditing and OAI policy guidelines.
- Assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and risk management.
- Documents findings and communicates orally and/or in writing to the country offices on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement.
- Recommends actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief, conducts special assignments including management reviews, consulting assignments, special audits, and training workshops.
- Undertakes frequent, and at times extended, missions to UNDP offices in the region, including to areas with hazardous working conditions.
- Provides guidance and advice to country offices and business units on audit-related matters.
- Contributes to the ongoing development of professional practices within OAI.
- Participates in the implementation of his/her personal learning and training development plan.
- Performs other assignments or tasks as determined by the RAC Chief or OAI Director.
Core Values & Ethics:
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness.
- Display cultural sensitivity.
- Shows strong corporate commitment.
- Complies with UNDP regulations, rules, and code of conduct.
- Motivates and coaches team members.
- Embraces extra responsibility.
- Build team morale & consensus.
Task Management Skills:
- Produces timely, quality outputs.
- Exercises sound judgment/analysis.
- Develops creative solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Writes clearly and convincingly.
- Speaks clearly and convincingly.
- Has good presentation skills.
- Listens actively and responds effectively.
Building & Sharing Knowledge:
- Actively builds deep knowledge in one or more areas,
- Makes valuable practice contributions.
- Applies existing knowledge to work.
- Provides advice & support to others.
- Provides constructive coaching and feedback.
- Acts as long-term mentor for others.
- Acts on personal development plan.
Demonstrated ability to perform and/or manage the following services, in accordance with professional standards:
- Operational audits
- Performance audits
- Financial audits
- Project audits
- Advisory services
Demonstrated ability to use the following tools:
- Microsoft office suite
- Electronic working paper software
- Computer assisted audit techniques (ACL or IDEA)
- Enterprise Resource Planning systems
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Statistics, Law, or related field.
- A first level degree in combination with a certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation desirable.
- Additional professional certifications (CISA, CFE) are an advantage.
A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in audit or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit.
Working experience in an International Organization is desirable.
IMPORTANT: HOW TO APPLY
The application must contain duly completed and signed Personal History Form (P11), which can be downloaded from www.sas.undp.org/Documents/P11_Personal_history_form.doc . The form should be uploaded to your online application in lieu of CV. If you experienced the technical issues with uploading your P11 form during the online application, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating "27825_Audit Specialist, P4, Senegal your name" in the e-mail subject field.
Please note that:
• Applications without P11 form will not be considered.
• Applications should be submitted in English language.
- Good working knowledge of French is required. Knowledge of additional United Nations official languages is an advantage.
Pulse aquí para consultar información importante para los residentes permanentes de los EE.UU. (tarjeta verde)
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.