||Juba, SOUTH SUDAN
|Fecha límite de postulación||02-Aug-12|
|Tipo de contrato||Service Contract|
|Nivel de puesto||SB-3|
|Fecha de comienzo del contrato|
(Fecha en que se espera que comience el candidato seleccionado)
|Duración del contrato inicial||12 Months|
Grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, UN Women works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations System’s efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. UN Women provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women’s South Sudan has developed a Country Programme and Strategic Note for the period 2012-2013 and which are aligned with the South Sudan Development Plan and the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) (2011-2013). Targeted gender equality and women’s empowerment interventions will be undertaken to increase development effectiveness.
The three strategic priority areas for UN Women South Sudan elaborated in the Strategic Note and Country Programme Document are as follows:
- Women’s leadership and participation in gender-responsive governance.
- Increased Women’s access economic empowerment and opportunities.
- Improved Security and protection of women and girls.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Associate, the Administrative Assistant provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the, Programme and projects staff in the Country Office (CO) and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Deberes y responsabilidades
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to effective and efficient functioning of the Country Office
- Support to administrative and logistical services
- Support to office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Country Office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed.
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent), Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions.
- Performance of a Buyer role in Atlas and preparation of POs for travel activities.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation. Preparation of POs.
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services.
Impact of Results
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the unit. Accurate presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the office and promotes the image of UN/UNWomen as an effective contributor to the development of the country.
Building Strategic Partnerships: Maintaining information and databases:
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Basic research and analysis:
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures:
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change:
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems: Data gathering and implementation of management systems:
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
Client Orientation: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management: Gathering and disseminating information:
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
UNDP Procurement Certification programme
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- Secondary School Education. Certification in administration is desirable.
- 4 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.