UN WOMEN: REQUEST FOR ROSTER EXPERTS - ADVANCING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF UNSCR 1325 ON WOMEN, PEACE AND SECURITY IN WESTERN BALKANS
||Western Balkans region (Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia & Kosovo)
|Fecha límite de postulación||09-Sep-12|
|Tipo de contrato||Individual Contract|
|Nivel de puesto||National Consultant|
|Fecha de comienzo del contrato|
(Fecha en que se espera que comience el candidato seleccionado)
|Duración del contrato inicial||as per|
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) Sub-regional Office for Central and Southeastern Europe invites applications from qualified professionals with expertise in the areas listed below for review and possible inclusion in the UN Women roster of available experts dedicated to women, peace and security efforts in the Western Balkans.
Within one of the key thematic areas of its mandate, peace and security, UN Women is currently providing technical support to key security actors and CSOs in advancing implementation and monitoring of commitments under UNSCR 1325 (and related Resolutions 1820, 1888, 1889 and 1960). To this end, under its regional project, Advancing the Implementation of UNSCR 1325 on Women, Peace and Security in Western Balkans (2011- 2013), UN Women is providing support to further strengthen stakeholder capacities towards the formulation, implementation and effective monitoring of commitments under UNSCR 1325. Further, UN Women fosters regional cooperation and networking (between civil society, gender experts, advocates, civil servants, and parliamentarians) in order to create an enabling environment for information and knowledge sharing and the exchange of good practice on the implementation of UNSCR 1325 commitments.
The UN Women Sub-regional Office for Central and Southeastern Europe seeks professionals with expertise in the following areas for inclusion in its roster of available women, peace, and security experts: gender analysis, gender mainstreaming, security sector reform, the empowerment of women, networking and advocacy, mediation, transitional justice, gender based violence, public policy analysis/development, strategic and action planning, gender budgeting, data collection and data analysis, gender equality /women’s empowerment training, gender auditing, monitoring and evaluation, and communications.
Candidates with the requisite skills and experience will be included in the roster to be considered for temporary assignments ranging in duration from one day to twenty-four months with the UN Women Sub-regional Office for Central and Southeastern Europe or any UN Women presence in the Western Balkans (Belgrade, Pristina, Sarajevo, or Skopje).
Deberes y responsabilidades
Under the overall supervision of the UN Women Regional Programme Director and the direct supervision of a UN Women designate that has been delegated by the Regional Programme Director, consultants may be contracted to undertake one or more of the following duties:
- Technical advice and capacity development in any of the areas outlined above.
- Social surveys, both conventional research and participatory action research.
- Facilitation of participatory planning and community organization.
- Mentoring on gender mainstreaming in security sector and in all other sectors mandated with UNSCR 1325 implementation.
- Development and delivery of training programmes and toolkits.
- Development and delivery of evaluation and monitoring matrices.
- Provision of expert inputs on different local/national/regional panel discussions, seminars, round tables and similar.
- Development of curriculum, policy briefs and/or policy papers in support of institutional change (the advancement of gender equality and women’s empowerment).
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modelling UN values and ethical standards.
- Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- A University degree (or equivalent) in Political Science, International Security, Gender Studies, Public Administration, Management, Public Policy, or related social sciences.
- At least five years of professional experience working in one or more of the following areas: gender analysis, gender mainstreaming, security sector reform, the empowerment of women, networking and advocacy, mediation, transitional justice, gender based violence, public policy analysis/development, strategic and action planning, gender budgeting, data collection and data analysis, gender equality/women’s empowerment training, gender auditing, monitoring and evaluation, and communications.
- Recognized expertise and experience in gender mainstreaming, security sector reform, public policy analysis, and/or related fields.
- Experience in the development and delivery of training programmes, toolkits, evaluation and monitoring matrices, and mentoring on gender mainstreaming.
- Knowledge on women’s human rights instruments (international and national).
- Solid knowledge of UNSCR 1325, related women, peace and security resolutions, and women, peace and security agendas in the Western Balkans.
- Excellent oral and written communication in Albanian, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian and/or Macedonian languages is required; strong spoken and written English would be an asset.
Evaluation of Applicants:
There will be technical evaluation done for individual consultants, taking into consideration their education, experience and knowledge.
Inclusion in the roster shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer/submission has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
- Obtaining a minimum score of 70 points in the technical evaluation of a pre-determined set of technical criteria.
Technical criteria – 100% of total evaluation – max 100 points:
- Criteria A – Relevant educational background, max points: 20
- Criteria B – Relevant work experience, max points: 60
- Criteria C - Knowledge of UN SCR 1325 and women, peace and security agendas in the Western Balkans, max points: 20
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via this website. The application should contain:
- Cover letter which explains why you are the most suitable candidate for the inclusion in roster along with financial information as to your expected daily fee/rate. Please paste the letter into the "Resume and Motivation" section of the electronic application; and
- A completed P-11 form including past experience, education and the contact details of referees (a blank form can be downloaded from http://www.unifem.sk/uploads/doc/p11.doc ); please upload the P11 instead of your CV.
Incomplete applications will not be considered:
- Please make sure you have provided all requested information.
Please note that financial information (daily fee/rate) is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, vaccination and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services...).
Successful candidates will be included in UN Women’s technical expert roster for a period of 2 years. Entry into the expert roster system does not necessarily mean that a contract with UN Women is guaranteed. This will depend on forthcoming needs.
When a request for services arises, the UN Women office in need of services shall directly contract the consultant from the roster without the need for further selection processes. A specific Terms of Reference (ToR) outlining the outputs for each assignment shall be provided and, subject to agreement from the designated candidate, an Individual Contract (IC) will be issued. Conditions of a particular assignment may be negotiable.
Payments will be made upon confirmation by UN Women as to the satisfactory completion of deliverables (contractual obligations) under the contract.
Individual Consultants are responsible for ensuring they have vaccinations/inoculations when travelling to certain countries, as designated by the UN Medical Director. Consultants are also required to comply with the UN security directives set forth under dss.un.org
Qualified women and members of minorities are encouraged to apply.
Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.