OPERATIONS SPECIALISTS (MULTIPLE POSITIONS)
||New York, Estados Unidos de América
|Fecha límite de postulación||31-Aug-12|
|Tipo de contrato||Individual Contract|
|Nivel de puesto||International Consultant|
|Fecha de comienzo del contrato|
(Fecha en que se espera que comience el candidato seleccionado)
|Duración del contrato inicial||3 months|
|Duración esperada del puesto||3 months with possibility of extension|
|The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has a long-standing commitment to transparency, with UNDP country offices publishing financial, procurement and programme information on respective websites for more than four years.
UNDP is increasingly taking key actions on improving aid effectiveness and getting greater impact of UNDP operations. Last year, UNDP published its first Data set following the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) Standard and developed the data.undp.org portal where more than 8000 UNDP projects for 2010 operations are available. These actions also include the full adoption of the IATI standard in a phased and cost-effective and the development of a central place to find consistent and updated information about UNDP projects.
Such actions involve a major exercise of data quality assurance both by Country Offices and by HQ departments. The operations specialist will support Country Offices and HQ in their work of ensuring that documents and data have the highest quality so that they can be used internally or externally for any third party person.
The operations specialist will support the IATI Project Coordinator and report to the Chief of Online Communications or the Chief, Office of Finance and Administration. S/he will work closely with the Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST) on using their Oracle/PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning systems, their SharePoint Document Management System and other Intranet Web Development to be able to view, edit, transform and manage documents and data. S/he will also be expected to review related financial data and related material as directed for quality assurance.
This is a local-based consultancy.
Deberes y responsabilidades
|The operations specialists will specifically be called upon to support UNDP’s Transparency team in the following areas:
- Provide assistance in reviewing and managing project documents posted by Country Offices in the Intranet Document Management System.
- Review, enhance and improve other project related datafields.
- Provide support to Country Offices data quality drive
- Provide support in the development of transparency related organization-wide training and communications material;
- Test the project portal service and report bugs and possible inconsistencies.
- Support geographic data entry with the aim of including the location of UNDP projects in 2011 and 2012.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills;
- Demonstrates strong IT skills.
- Strong experience in using web related tools
- Demonstrates knowledge in online geographic tools.
- Good MS Office package knowledge;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Excellent problem solving and very effective at multi-tasking;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- 2 - 5 years of experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in entering and reviewing data and following routines quickly and accurately;
- Demonstrated experience in using web-related tools.
- Experience in Web development support is an asset;
- Familiarity with software to manage, transform and cleaning data is an asset;
- Familiarity with UNDP and UN system is an asset;
- Familiarity with open data and transparency polices is an asset;
- Familiarity with mapping and geocoding experience is an asset;
- Fluent in English; fluency in at least one other UNDP working language (French, Spanish) an asset.
- Updated P11 or Resume/CV ;
- Statement of Interest (cover letter) with a brief narrative addressing the competencies mentioned above;
- Financial proposal stating your daily fee for the assignment (please include as part of your cover letter)
Shortlisted candidates will be rated according to the following criteria:
Criterion – Technical (*) Weight
- 40% - Previous experience dealing with complex tasks involving data, including excellent attention to detail, and client service experience
- 30% - Previous experience in IT services, testing, online geographic tools and web data related tools
- 20% - Previous experience in problem solving and multitasking
- 10%- Previous experience in UN or other related international organizations
Total Technical 100%
(*)Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% in the Technical Evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation
Criterion – Financial Weight
Financial proposal 30%
Cumulative analysis will be used in determining the best candidate for this assignment. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract is made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as responsive/compliant/acceptable, and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria:
- Technical Criteria weight: 70%
- Financial Criteria weight: 30%
No travel is envisaged for this assignment. As this is a local consultancy, UNDP will not cover the travel costs to duty station. Candidate is responsible for required US working documents.
ANNEX 1- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS_ INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT (IC)
Pulse aquí para consultar información importante para los residentes permanentes de los EE.UU. (tarjeta verde)
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.