- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Driver/Clerk - WEE Kimbe
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Kimbe, PAPUA NEW GUINEA|
|Application Deadline :||30-Sep-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-2|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year with possible extension|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The UN Sustainable Development Goals calls for gender equality and social inclusion to be fully integrated into any development effort. In Papua New Guinea, UN Women works towards promoting efficient, well-built and well-maintained market infrastructure that fosters inclusive growth for all people and ensure the dividends of economic growth are equitably shared. Infrastructure is too often considered to be gender-neutral, but infrastructure projects do not benefit men and women equally. Infrastructure can either enhance or limit the opportunities of its users.
The Safe and Prosperous Districts Programme plans to recruit a driver to be based in Kimbe for providing reliable and safe driving services when needed and requested by UN Women.
Under the guidance of the Operations Manager with direct supervision of the Programme Specialist, Women Economic Empowerment, the driver will provide driving services and logistical support to the Safe and Prosperous Districts Programme team, consultants, project experts, and UN staff on mission ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
The Driver should demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provision of reliable and secure driving services
• Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel only but this can include visiting Officials (Government, UN, Embassy Officials, etc.)
• Ensuring that all passengers wear their seat belts at all times in the vehicle
• Enforcing the no smoking policy in the vehicle
• Collecting and deliver mail/correspondence to Government Offices/Embassies /Commercial Establishments/UN Offices etc. Interact with Finance and Administration staff.
• Following strictly all rules and regulations in relation to the use and management of UN Women vehicles as provided by the Operations Unit.
• Ensuring that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
• Perform other related duties as required.
2. Proper use of vehicle
• Keep abreast of traffic rules and regulations as well as road security and safety awareness to enable safe on time arrival for meetings
• Ensure cost-saving by driving responsibly;
• Maintain daily vehicle logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs and oversee that other drives do the same;
• Prepare and maintain data of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
• Ensure that the official vehicle is kept clean and is always in good working order.
• Provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports
• Keep track of insurance and applicable tax formalities
• Ensure that all official vehicles are kept clean and is always in good working condition;
• Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs;
• Change oil, check tires, lights horn, clutch and brakes and wash car regularly;
• Ensure that vehicles comply with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
4. Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies
• Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
• Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
5. Provide general clerical and logistic support as needed
• Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records.
• Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payment of bills, as required.
CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES
• Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
• Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
• Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
• Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
• Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
• Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative
• Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
• Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication
• Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others
• Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
• Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge
• Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making
• Excellent driving skills;
• Strong knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills;
• Strong defensive driving skills;
• Skill in minor vehicle repairs;
• Professional appearance and punctuality;
• Good people skills;
Required Skills and Experience