- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
|Location :||East Jerusalem, PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES|
|Application Deadline :||30-Sep-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-2|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months with possibility to extend based on fund availability and performance|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO WBGS Head of Office, the general supervision of the Operations Officers and the direct supervision of the Logistician, the incumbent will provide reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of logistical work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff, consultants, experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following duties and tasks:
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Demonstrates commitment to FAO’s mission, vision and values;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
• Knowledge Management and Learning
• Shares knowledge and experience;
• Encourages office staff to share knowledge and contribute to FAO Practice Areas;
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
Development and Operational Effectiveness
• Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
• Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol;
• Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security rules and regulations.
Leadership and Self-Management
• Adopts a client oriented approach;
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
• Remains calm, in control and good humor even under pressure;
• Demonstrates openness to change;
• Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view.
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary School Education
At least three years of work experience as a driver with a safe driving record.
Language Requirements: Arabic mother tongue and good knowledge of English.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
• Possession of a valid license to drive in the West Bank and Jerusalem. However, holding a license category C for a truck up to 12 tons or category D for a bus would be an asset.
• Extensive knowledge of West Bank and Israel rural road net