- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
National Expert on Promotion of Women's Participation in Elections
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Bishkek, KYRGYZSTAN|
|Application Deadline :||06-Oct-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||Russian|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||until to 15 December 2021|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||until to 15 December 2021|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN-Women was established by General Assembly resolution 64/289 of 02 July 2010 on United Nations system-wide coherence with the assist Member States and the United Nations system in more effective and efficient progress towards the goal of achieving gender equality and empowering women. Since 2001, UN Women (formerly UNIFEM) in Kyrgyzstan is implementing catalytic initiatives to promote economic, political and social rights of women. In 2012, the Country Office in Kyrgyzstan. UN Women works globally and nationally and advocates for equal participation of women in all aspects of life, focusing on four strategic priorities:
• Women lead, participate in and receive from them equal benefits
• Women have guaranteed income, decent work and economic independence.
• All women and girls live a life free from all forms of violence.
• Women and girls contribute and have a greater impact on foster sustainable peace and resilience, and benefit equally from disaster prevention, conflict prevention and humanitarian action.
As noted in the 2011 UN General Assembly Resolution on the participation of women in political life, “women in all parts of the world are still largely marginalized from the political sphere, often as a result of discriminatory laws, practices, attitudes and gender stereotypes, low levels of education, lack of access to health care and the disproportionate impact of poverty on women."
UN-Women supports partners' efforts to address the challenges of women's leadership and political participation by:
• working with governments to implement the Convention on the Elimination of All forms of discrimination against women (CEDAW), support for temporary special measures and gender-sensitive policy development;
• supporting civil society actions to promote electoral rights women and expand their political participation, leadership and representation.
Within the framework of the current programs, it is planned to conduct a series of trainings for women leaders. in all regions of the country, with a focus on women participating in the elections to the Jogorku Kenesh as candidates. Regional trainings will be conducted by a group of local trainers who will complete the “Training of Trainers” program.
UN Women is planning to hire a national expert to provide expert and coordinating support for conducting trainings onleadership of women in the field of political participation (elections to the Jogorku Kenesh). The expert will work under the direct supervision of the UN Office Program Specialist Women.
Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of this technical assignment is to provide expert andcoordination support for increasing the participation of women in political processes, in particular in the elections to the Jogorku Kenesh.
1. Preparatory stage
1.1 Determine the list of priority political parties. Briefing for political parties on training opportunities for women candidates at the preparation for the election campaign for the elections to the JK. In the process of determining potential training participants to provide information on the dates of the regional trainings from 11-20 October.
1.2 To form a list of women leaders to participate in regional trainings - 260 in total women from the following categories: 1) women from the lists of political parties; 2) women in single-member constituencies; 3) female leaders from members of the Telegram Group “Women leaders "and from among the students of the Leadership Academy (OSCE) (in coordination with the assistant UN Women). The list of women should be provided in accordance with the key criteria: representation of all 7 regions, 30% of young women, women, representing different legal groups (HIV +, women with disabilities opportunities, ethnic minorities, etc.)
Result: List of women leaders participating in regional trainings, including information: region / district, professional sphere, age, nationality, contacts: mobile /Email.
2. Expert and coordination support in the training process:
2.1 Develop a Country Profile in accordance with the structure provided in training module using existing analytical documents (UN women ”, other sources).
2.2 Prepare handouts in accordance with the requirements of the TOT training module on the electoral system in Kyrgyzstan. Coordinate materials with the Center for Civil formation of the Central Election Commission (CEC)
2.3 Provide expert support during TOT on electoral system issues Kyrgyzstan
2.4 Coordinate with the CEC to ensure the participation of the staff of the CEC, Center CEC and TEC civic education in TOT and regional trainings, in order to ensure monitoring / consulting on the electoral system of Kyrgyzstan
2.5 In close cooperation and coordination with the CEC Media Center, a consultant on communications of UN Women, ensure media coverage of the entire process (TOT, regional trainings, dialogues on women's participation in elections)
2.6 Ensure documentation of the training process, consolidation of information from regional training reports presented by trainers based on the results of regional trainings
2.7 Organize and facilitate dialogues on women's participation in elections with invitation women trained at the regional level
• Country Profile
• Handouts on the electoral system of Kyrgyzstan
• Materials for the media (press / post-release; brief information)
• Ensuring CEC / TEC participation in TOT and regional trainings
• Brief overview of dialogues on women's participation in elections
• Consolidated report on the results of regional trainings
3. Expert and coordination support after training:
3.1 Organize and Facilitate Post-Election Reflection Sessions
3.2 Prepare information for the media about the election results
3.3 Provide the concluded report on the results of the work done results
• Report on the dialogues held (summary of key findings, agenda, list of participants)
• Brief information about the election results
• Final report
The deadline for the execution of work is October 11 - December 15, 2021.
• Skills, knowledge and understanding of the policy development process
• Good analytical and writing skills
• Cultural and political awareness and sensitivity, knowledge of the specifics of the country's context
• Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with partners
• Commitment to product quality and deadlines;
Required Skills and Experience
• Diploma of education in social sciences or other relevant field such as social and political sciences, public administration, gender studies, law or other related disciplines
• A minimum of five years of relevant experience in management, providing expert services, strategic advice, policy and law development
• Expert knowledge and experience in consulting in the field of electoral systems, in particular the laws on elections in the Kyrgyz Republic
• Experience in cooperation and networking with various partners
• Experience working with key government and non-government stakeholders on policy issues, women's participation in decision-making processes is a valuable asset
• Fluency in Russian and Kyrgyz languages, knowledge of English is encouraged another skills
• Requires knowledge and skills of working with appropriate computer applications MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), knowledge of Internet communications and teamwork.
All applications must include (as attachments):
• Form P-11 describing previous work experience in performing similar tasks specified in this ToR. The form is available at www.unwomen.org/about- us / employment. Please describe in detail your work experience in the P-11 form in accordance with the required qualification requirements specified in this Terms of Reference.
• Financial proposal indicating the total amount and all associated costs associated with the implementation of the tasks of this ToR.
Please note that the financial proposal includes various cost items that the Expert will incur for the entire duration of the contract, including:
• Daily fee,
• the rate of per diem for participation in regional events,
• necessary transport costs, taking into account the most suitable means of transport and direct economy class routes,
• as well as any other related costs required to perform tasks within the framework of this ToR.
The financial proposal must be submitted in US dollars. If a proposal is submitted in a different currency, it will be converted to US dollars at the UN exchange rate at the date of the deadline for applications for this position.
Nr. Criteria Maximum points
1. Diploma in education in the social sciences or other relevant field, such as social and political sciences, public administration, gender studies, law or other related disciplines; 10 points
2. A minimum of five years of relevant experience in management, expert services, strategic advice, policy and law development. 20 points
3. Expert knowledge and experience in consulting in the field of electoral systems, in particular, the laws on elections in the Kyrgyz Republic. 30 points
4. Experience working with key government and non-government stakeholders on policy issues, women's participation in decision-making processes is a valuable asset.10 points
Maximum total technical scoring: 70 points.
Only candidates who have passed the minimum qualification criteria and scored at least 65 points out of the maximum 70 points in the technical assessment will be eligible for the next stage, that is, the assessment of their financial proposals.
Financial proposal evaluation
The financial appraisal will be carried out in accordance with the method described below:
The maximum number of points assigned to a financial proposal is assigned to the proposal with the lowest price. All other quotations are awarded points in inverse proportion.
The proposed formula looks like this: p = 30 (µ / z)
p - points for the evaluated financial proposal; µ is the price of the cheapest offer;
z - the price of the estimated offer
The candidate with the highest cumulative score in both technical and financial evaluation will be recommended by the Evaluation Committee for contract award.
All online applications must include (as an attachment) the completed Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment.
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.