- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
IC/021/21 - International Consultant/Master Coach on Business Process Re-engineering
|Location :||Home based and at least 7 visits to Uzbekistan by 4 w/days each, UZBEKISTAN|
|Application Deadline :||10-Nov-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||60 working days within thirteen months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||December 2021 – December 2022|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
"Improved Public Service Delivery and Enhanced Governance in Rural Uzbekistan" is a joint project of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), funded by the European Union. The overall goal of the project is to improve the quality of life of vulnerable sectors of the population in rural areas – such as women, youth and children, the elderly and people with disabilities – by enhancing their access to public services, and the quality of their provision. Equally, the project aims to strengthen citizen participation in the decision-making processes at the local level and increase their access to information, effectively increasing the transparency of the local governance system.
Project efforts on BPR implementation during 2020 – 2021 years have achieved essential progress. To be more detailed, there were conducted competence needs assessment among PSA & selected back-office organizations and based on findings developed BPR Manual, organized certified accredited ToT training on BPR in Turkey and several BPR introduction trainings in Tashkent for PSA & back-office organizations. Finally, there have been practically applied BPR tool in practice for 3 public services in 2020 year and 17 public services in 2021 year by International company PwC and local company ERGO ANALYTICS for the most demanded public services in sphere of construction, Cadaster, social field and nostrification. Next stage of this work is to apply BPR tool by PSA personnel for the selected at least 2 public services which will be logical step forward in improvement competencies of the PSA and back-office organizations staff.
This is directly corresponding to the Activity 3.2, a functional analysis combined with a business process re-engineering exercise will be implemented in seven pilot regions to streamline at least ten public services per year delivered through the PSCs and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the BPR tool in Uzbekistan.
In this regard the Project is planning to hire the Master Coach on Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) who will provide practical guidance to PSA and IPSD team on BPR tool implementation for the public services and all the project initiatives related to the capacity building activities of government officials in BPR initiatives and knowledge transfer in Uzbekistan.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Project Manager, and direct supervision of the Task Manager on Public Service Delivery and Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) the Master Coach on BPR will perform the below given functions and tasks:
A. Transfer of knowledge and advance experience on BPR to the PSA, back-office organizations, IPSD project team and its partners and beneficiaries:
1. Provide coaching practical guidance to the BPR team of the PSA and back-office organizations and IPSD team for the public services.
2. Facilitate and moderate all steps of BPR application to the public services.
3. Ensure that all steps of BPR tool are implemented in a full and in a reliable quality.
4. Bring the most relevant international experience to ensure the efficient implementation of BPR in the public service delivery process.
5. Provide clear strategies and policies to ensure that this BPR experience is adopted in the most relevant way by PSA and back-office institutions.
6. Provide coaching practical experience on Quality System Management (QMS) application to the public services.
7. Facilitate and conduct on job training sessions to the BPR & QMS teams and share BPR best practices cases with relative personnel of PSA, back-office organizations and IPSD Team.
8. Advise the government in designing systems for expanding experiences, lessons learned and know-how implementation of BPR initiatives.
9. Present the results and key findings to Project team, stakeholders, and national partners.
B. Strategic guidance and technical advice on implementation of Capacity Building of government officials for BPR initiatives in public service delivery:
1. Provide policy and programming advice to the PSA and project team, as well as project partners and beneficiary regarding effective capacity building of government officials in BPR for improvement of the quality, transparency, and simplicity of public services.
2. Prepare and present international best practice cases in the use of BPR for public service delivery.
3. Provide advice on innovative BPR tool applicable for the improvement of the delivery of public services in Uzbekistan.
4. Prepare a report with recommendations to the government for scaling up the BPR and QMS models to improve the quality of public services delivery.
5. Assist to prepare long term Road Map on application of BPR and QMS tools to the public services in Uzbekistan
6. Other tasks and requests regarding BPR of the public services delivery for the IPSD project team and national partners.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills including oral and written communication.
• Strong research, data analysis and reporting skills.
• Solid knowledge of modern business processes modeling notations.
• Demonstrated programme management skills including results-based orientation, preparation of work plans, monitoring and evaluation and leading cross-cultural teams.
• Previous experience working in transition environments would be an advantage.
• Previous experience in performing a similar role in UNDP would be an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
Master's Degree in Management, Political Science, Public Administration, International Relations, IT, Economics, Social Sciences, Administration, Law, or related fields.
- At least overall 5 years of relevant professional experience performing a similar technical assistance role on BPR for government and private companies.
Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Russian would be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills including oral and written communication.
- Strong research, data analysis and reporting skills.
- Solid knowledge of modern business processes modeling notations.
- Demonstrated programme management skills including results-based orientation, preparation of work plans, monitoring and evaluation and leading cross-cultural teams.
- Previous experience working in transition environments would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in performing a similar role in UNDP would be an advantage.
Interested candidates need to apply online at www.jobs.undp.org and upload requested documents in Part 4 of Procurement Notice no later than end of November 10, 2021 (New York time). Please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document. Your on-line applications submission will be acknowledged to your email address provided in application. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. In such cases, please resubmit the application, if necessary.
Link to application at the UNDP Job Site – https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=102718
(cut and paste into browser address bar if the link does not work).
Your on-line applications submission will be acknowledged to your email address provided in application. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. In such cases, please resubmit the application, if necessary.
You can review detailed Procurement Notice, Terms of Reference and download templates from the UNDP Procurement Notices Site following the link http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=84703. (cut and paste into browser address bar if the link does not work).
Application submitted via email, incomplete applications or received after the closing date (November 10, 2021) may not be given consideration.
For more detailed information about UNDP Uzbekistan please visit our website at www.uz.undp.org UNDP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates, people with disabilities, and minorities are highly encouraged to apply. UNDP Balance in Manage Policy promotes achievement of gender balance among its staff at all levels.
Requests for clarification must be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring that the reference number above is included in the subject line. UNDP shall endeavor to provide such responses to clarifications in an expeditious manner, but any delay in such response shall not cause an obligation on the part of UNDP to extend the submission date of the Proposals, unless UNDP deems that such an extension is justified and necessary.