- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Bishkek, KYRGYZSTAN|
|Application Deadline :||24-Jan-22 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||7d 3h 19m|
|Additional Category :||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SC-6|
|Languages Required :||English Russian|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year, extension subject to performance|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||1 year, extension subject to performance|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Since 2001 UN Women (previously as UNIFEM) in Kyrgyzstan has implemented catalytic initiatives on promoting women’s economic, political and social rights. In 2012 a full Country Office (CO) was established.
Under the supervision of the Representative, the Communications Associate is responsible for developing strategic communications and media initiatives and managing media/press coverage. S/he oversees the production of a range of communications materials for UN Women, and for online and offline audiences. S/he is responsible for timely, accurate and high-quality informational materials, such as press releases & media advisories, news briefs, fact sheets, stories from the field etc. for media outreach, the UN Women website, and inclusion in informational kits for further public outreach. The Communications Associate also organizes, leads and reports on the UNiTE Campaign to end violence against women and girls. She/he will further design strategies aimed at facilitating behavior change towards gender equality and the full involvement of women in all aspects of societal life, plan interventions, support their implementation, monitor and report on them.
Reporting to the Country Representative and National Programme Officer, the Communications Associate supports the formulation and implementation of the communications and advocacy strategies to increase the standing and awareness of UN Women with partners, the media and the public.
The Communications Associate will collaborate closely with Headquarters’, Regional and Country Office colleagues to ensure communications strategies, media relations and organizational outreach efforts are aligned with corporate communications policies and initiatives. S/he also collaborates with project staff to support outreach campaigns, resource mobilization and donor relations initiatives; s/he mobilizes support in conjunction with intergovernmental processes and support the activities and special events organized for UN Women
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide support to communications and advocacy outreach activities for the Country Office
• Provide logistical support to communications and advocacy efforts and campaigns, e.g. by supporting the organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, and other publicity events and providing inputs to briefing materials and press releases, as necessary.
• Develop proposals for communications products publicizing and provide its contribution to Women’s Empowerment.
2. Provide support to the development of the CO communications and advocacy materials.
• Draft press releases, articles, key messages, and other advocacy materials;
• Review translations, contact printers and other suppliers to ensure production;
• Maintain library/ database of reference materials and photos;
• Follow guidelines from HQ.
3. Provide support to the management of the CO social media presence and website.
• Gather information for the development of content for the CO website and social media channels;
• Update the website and social media channels, as required;
• Maintain files, databases, and systems relevant to the CO’s digital presence;
• Track and monitor social media analytics and report relevant information to CO staff;
• Research, compile and produce reports on web statistics on a regular basis and electronic surveys;
• Design and create social media content (infographics, videos, GIFs, social media cards etc.).
4. Provide media relations support to the CO.
• Maintain and update database of relevant press in country;
• Respond to requests for information, as delegated;
• Gather and compile inputs for talking points.
5. Facilitate knowledge management and sharing.
• Contribute to the identification of best practices and lessons learned;
• Organize trainings and workshops on communication practices;
• Support regular meetings of regional communications focal points;
• Provide/ exchange information with HQ and RO.
. Key Performance Indicators:
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification: