Are you interested in building your portfolio in communications, graphic design, social media and events? Do you want to communicate to a global audience, develop your network and relationships, and discover how the world’s biggest international development organisation operates in countries all over the world?
The UNDP Global Centre for Technology, Innovation and Sustainable Development based in Singapore is seeking a creative, energetic, and dynamic Communications and Engagement intern to join our fast-growing, diverse and agile team. The role of the intern is to work directly with the Director on promoting the centre’s activities internally and externally, engaging the centre’s multi-sector audience and network, and ensuring consistent branding across all promotional materials, among others.
The Global Centre for Technology, Innovation and Sustainable Development (GCTISD) is a joint initiative by the Government of Singapore and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to identify and co-create technological and innovative solutions to help countries achieve their Sustainable Development Goals. We draw on the expertise of innovative talent in Singapore and around the world, and curate partnerships that will allow us to take this know-how to the places where it is needed most.
Our areas of focus are Sustainable and Digital Agriculture, Smart Cities and Digitalisation, and Sustainable Finance. For each of our programmes we are connecting policymakers, practitioners, think tanks, leading private sector actors, entrepreneurs, civil society, and other stakeholders to build practical solutions that will create lasting impact through deep collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Event management, production, logistics, and support (in person and online)
- Social media campaign development and posting, scheduling and other associated tasks – including developing videos and other social media collateral
- Thematic desk research and writing assignments (in line with the Centre mandate)
- Website management and editing
- Support production of webinars, presentations and knowledge sharing engagements
- General project management and support where it relates to communications and engagement
- Research and outreach for partnership development (including working with the team to build partnerships across governments, the private sector, civil society, and academia)
- Ad-hoc support to the GCTISD Director and staff
Candidate should have the following competencies:
- Excellent oral and written English language skills;
- Self-starter; organised and reliable;
- Able to multitask, take ownership of projects; and balance multiple responsibilities;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to draft original content;
- Graphic design and video production skills (for example, being able to produce 1-2 minute engaging videos for social media)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and sensitivity to differing opinions and views.
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications and requirements:
Interns are selected on a competitive basis. Applicants to UNDP internships must at the time of application meet one of the following academic requirements:
Previous internship or work experience, or any sort of experience in communications work, is a plus.
Please refer to the above academic requirements.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE/ HOW TO APPLY
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING UPLOADED AS ONE FILE:
* Please note, we are unable to progress any applications that do not provide all of the above materials.
Conditions of internship:
Internships within the UN system are subject to following conditions, which the candidates should familiarise themselves with prior to applying:
Selected candidates must submit following documents prior to joining:
Note: GC-TISD will consider both duty station and home-based options for this internship. More than 1 intern will be selected, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.