- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Policy and Programme Coordination Intern
|Location :||Beijing, CHINA|
|Application Deadline :||18-Jan-22 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :||English Chinese|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||6 months|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP works in around 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) China is the China country office of the United Nations Development Programme – the global development network of the United Nations. UNDP has been working in China over the past 40 years, partnering to advance various phases of China’s development. We provide development advisory services and implement projects through innovation and applying our international experience and network in three pillars: supporting China’s transformation to a low-carbon economy so that more people enjoy a cleaner, healthier environment; facilitating China’s shift to using the SDGs as a standard for its inclusive development, economic decisions and investments, and supporting China’s international cooperation and south south engagement for SDG attainment.
Under the overall guidance of the head of Global Partnership Cluster (GPC), the Policy and Programme Coordination Intern is mainly responsible for providing policy support and programme services, supporting capacity building and training activities and contributing to the strengthening of UNDP’s global partnerships in the areas related to sustainable development. The Policy and Programme Coordination Intern promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Policy and Programme Coordination Intern works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project staffs in the UNDP China, HQ, Regional Bureau and Partner Country Offices as required to exchange information and support programme delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
IV. REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
· Enrolled in a Master's or in a Ph.D. programme,
· Or in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme,
· Or within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme,
· Or be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
· Degree in development-related field such as international relations, development studies, sociology, political sciences or environmental studies is desirable.
Please submit your application with below documents in one PDF
a) CV and letter of motivation
b) Copy of school transcript
c) Indicate if you will be financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government, foundation or scholarship programme, and the financial amount.
* Final selection criteria*
Documents to be included when submitting application
a) Please provide CV, one letter of motivation and a Copy of official school transcript while submitting application.
For people who apply from UNDP Jobs, please note that the system will not accept the uploading of more than one document so please merge or scan all your documents into one prior to uploading.
· Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
· Skills with PhotoShop or other design/video software would be an advantage.
· English and Mandarin Chinese required, particularly reading and writing;
· Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage;
Other competencies and attitude:
1. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems in south-south cooperation area
2. Ability to develop sources and conduct data collection using various methods
3. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis
4. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, and work under pressure
5. Showing pride in work and in achievements
6. Showing persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges
1. Speaking and writing clearly and effectively in both Chinese and English
2. Communicating effectively with team members
3. Adjusting language, tone, style and format to match the audience
4. Demonstrating openness in sharing information and coordination
Required Skills and Experience
V. INTERNSHIP CONDITIONS
· Interns must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan and medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. Any cost arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
· The full monthly stipend will be paid monthly. Interns will have 1.5 days of leave per month.
· Interns are responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed; Cost and arrangement for travel, visas, passports, accommodations and living expenses are the responsibility of the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or the intern.
· Intern must not apply for or be appointed to a position that should be encumbered by a staff number during the period of their internship. Interns are expected to fulfill the terms of their internships. Therefore, internship must not be foreshortened for the purposes of allowing an intern to apply for a position
· Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.