- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Communications Consultant - SDG Financing - IPSA 8
|Application Deadline :||01-Jul-22 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||1d 21h 4m|
|Type of Contract :||IPSA (Regular)|
|Post Level :||IPSA-8|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||12 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||12 months|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
The Joint SDG Fund supports countries as they accelerate their progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It operates through a series of Calls for the United Nations (UN) system that lead to the implementation of transformative Joint Programmes (JPs), under the leadership of Resident Coordinators (RCs). In doing so the Fund is committed to forge paths and partnerships that unlock public and private capital for the SDGs at scale
In order to respond to the growing demand from countries to learn about approaches to Integrated National Financing Frameworks (INFFs) the United Nations along with UNDP and the Joint SDG Fund have developed platforms for UNCTs. To support this work, the INFF Knowledge Platform and related communications channels need to be managed and curated in ways that ensure knowledge is provided to inspire and inform the INFF work within the Joint SDG Fund’s joint programmes at the country level as well as in ways that establishes supporting communications infrastructure in the form of social media, events, and development of communications and knowledge products.
The Communications Consultant will report to the Communications Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
1) Communications and knowledge management
• Drive the coordination of communications and knowledge management of SDG Financing portfolio, 69 country joint programmes.
• Propose a list of news stories, blog posts, etc; get updates on any new resources, events, launches that are happening that month. Submit proposed stories for approval.
• Drive the coordination of communications and knowledge management activities within Joint SDG Fund and across organizations (notably including UNDP, DESA, DCO)
• Outreach (possible newsletter, new publication alerts, upcoming event/webinar alerts, etc.) database should be segmented into key target audiences.
• Reach out to key contacts - that can either provide information for the story or draft the story themselves
• Attend selected meetings to source newsworthy content and spend time searching for new events and resources online or reaching out to contacts for updates.
• Drive the coordination of communications and knowledge management activities between Joint SDG Fund and INFF.
2) Website management
• Produce and edit web content within the SDG Financing portfolio in line with organizational objectives, including building block and country pages updates.
• Oversee text revisions to SDG Financing webpage and microsite.
• One digital campaign with INFF linked to the UN General Assembly, working with the Joint SDG Fund’s Social Media Strategist to develop of media kits.
• Participate in SDG Financing/INFF webinars and workshops.
Required Skills and Experience