The Anambra State Government has established a 15-person Committee on Truth, Justice, and Peace with a mandate of supporting the State to lay a firm foundation for a peaceful, unified and prosperous future. The Committee will execute its mandate through an inclusive stakeholder dialogues, consultative processes and participatory research as a basis for forging a common ground and shared approach to addressing the root causes of conflict. In playing its role, the Committee will also make clear recommendations to the State Government on the alternative pathways for peaceful resolution of disputes that could arise in the future, address grievances for inclusive and sustainable development. The 15 members of the Committee are comprised of eminent persons carefully selected from across the political, economic, private sector, cultural and religious spheres.
To ensure, effective and timely execution of the Committee’s mandate, the Anambra State Government with support from UNDP will establish a Secretariat to serve as the administrative, technical and management arm of the committee.
The Secretariat will be comprised of a lean core team of 5 staff. This team will be supported and mirrored for mutual learning and experience transfer by a team of 4 staff seconded from Government. This team will play the following key technical and supportive roles:
- Research and data analysis
- Logistics and Administration
- Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
- Information Management and Technology
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall guidance of the UNDP DRR (P) and supervision of the Crisis Prevention and Recovery Advisor the Information Technology Officer will perform the following roles:
- Design and implementation of the Committee’s ICT Strategy
- Develop and maintain the Committee’s Website and other communication channels
- Set up and maintain the Committee’s ICT equipment including the server (Help Desk and Network administration)
- Develop and manage the Committee’s Information Management and Storage System
- Provision of web management services
- Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing
EXPECTED OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES
Design and implementation of the Committee’s ICT Strategy
Develop and maintain the Committee’s Website and other communication channels
Set up and maintain the Committee’s ICT equipment including the server (Help Desk and Network administration)
Develop and manage the Committee’s Information Management and Storage System
Provision of web management services
Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing
COORDINATION AND SUPERVISION:
The UNDP Anambra State IT Officer will be under the overall supervision of the UNDP Deputy Resident Representative (Programmes) in Nigeria and the direct supervision of the Crisis Prevention and Recovery. S/he will work with the close guidance and collaboration with the Conflict and Political Economy Specialist during the assignment.
DURATION OF THE WORK: 6 months
DUTY STATION: Anambra, Nigeria (AWKA)
Graduate degree in Information Technology and related disciplines
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of IT and IC
- Experience in database and information management
- Demonstrated experience in web design, development and management (using open source languages)
- Demonstrated experience in software engineering
- Experience in providing help desk support and network management
- Working experience in Nigeria is an asset.
Fluency in English (written and spoken) required.
Additional local languages an asset
Results-Orientation and Development Effectiveness:
- Plans, prioritizes and produces quality results on time.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to lead implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programs and projects, mobilize resources.
- Ability to lead formulation and management of budgets, manage contributions and investments, manage transactions, conduct financial analysis, and reporting.
Management and Leadership:
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders, focuses on impact and results and responds positively to feedback.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Sets clear performance goals and standards; executes responsibilities accordingly.
- Motivated and demonstrates a capacity to pursue personal development and learn.
Innovation and Judgment
- Conceptualizes and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems and how they relate.
- Contributes creative, practical ideas and approaches to deal with challenging situation.
- Strives for quality client-centred services (internal/external) when making decisions and taking action.
Job Knowledge and Expertise
- Demonstrates substantive and technical knowledge to meet responsibilities and post requirements with excellence.
- Proves knowledge of development programming, conflict analysis, capacity assessment, stakeholder engagement and community mobilization
PAYMENT MODALITIES AND SPECIFICATIONS
An individual contract will be issued by UNDP. The financial proposal must be expressed through a lumpsum (all inclusive). Payments will be linked to deliverables. The contract price is fixed regardless of changes in the cost components.
RECOMMENDED PRESENTATION OF OFFER
The following documents are requested:
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided by UNDP.
- Personal CV indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment, and a methodology on how he/she will approach and complete the assignment.
- Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided.
Required Skills and Experience
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF THE BEST OFFER:
Graduate degree in Information Technology and related disciplines
Fluency in English, written and spoken
At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of IT and IC
Experience in database and information management
Demonstrated experience in web design, development and management (using open source languages)
Demonstrated experience in software engineering
Demonstrated experience in project formulation, design and management as well as fund raising;
Experience in providing help desk support and network management
How much the offeror understands the nature of the work and conforms to the Terms of Reference?
Does the offeror’s portfolio demonstrate experience in the development and elaboration of products similar to those described in the Terms of Reference?
Is the methodology adequate to achieve the products defined for the consultancy?
The highest score (30%) will be awarded to the most economical offer and the inverse proportional to the other offers.
Only the technical proposal that meet the technical phase with a minimum score of 49/70 or more, will continue to the review of economic proposal, which will weight a maximum of 30%.
The consultant must maintain strict confidentiality about the information accessed in the framework of this consultancy.
Individual consultants interested in applying for this position must complete their application using the Template for Offeror’s Letter to UNDP confirming interest and availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) assignment. The methodology, other documents and the Financial Proposal files MUST BE COMPLETELY SEPARATE (but submitted together as a zip file) If unable to submit zip file, kindly submit CV with Technical Proposal only. The financial proposal (Offeror’s Letter to UNDP confirming interest and availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) assignment) shall be encrypted with different passwords and clearly labelled. Financial Proposal without password will be disqualified.
The password for opening the Financial Proposal should be provided only upon request of UNDP. UNDP will request password only from bidders whose Technical Proposal has been found to be technically responsive. Failure to provide correct password may result in the proposal being rejected.
Download forms here
Offeror's letter to UNDP confirming interest and availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) Assignment - Click to download - https://bit.ly/3Fy0d5V