- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Communications Consultant for promotion of participatory gender in DRR
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Bishkek, KYRGYZSTAN|
|Application Deadline :||17-Aug-22 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English Russian|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||4.5 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||4.5 months|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women in Kyrgyzstan is a strong advocate for improving the lives of women and girls in the country. Building on the vision of equality enshrined in the UN Charter, we are working to enhance women's leadership; the elimination of violence against women; involving women in all aspects of decision making; economic empowerment of women.
UN Women in Kyrgyzstan prioritizes initiatives and programs in areas fundamental to achieving equality for women and finding ways of progress for both women and men. At the moment, the country office supports programs throughout the country, which are aimed at: expansion of economic rights and opportunities for women; elimination of violence against women; peace, security and gender mainstreaming in humanitarian action.
In 2022 UN Women has signed the partnership agreement with WFP for joint implementation of the project “Promotion of participatory gender- and nutrition sensitive climate change adaptation measures” aiming at implementation of a complex set of objectives: a) to reduce vulnerabilities to climate change, b) increase the adaptive capacity and resilience of rural communities, and c) strengthen and upscale Disaster Risk Management (DRM) activities of vulnerable communities by supporting informed, coherent, gender- and nutritious- sensitive local adaptation, enabling the environment for risk financing and build-back-better mechanisms to climate-proof the food systems and guarantee food security. These activities will be implemented in selected 11 aiyl okmotus (AO) in 8 districts of Batken, Osh and Naryn provinces.
Within this agreement UN Women is seeking a communications consultant, who will work under the direct supervision of the Community development specialist and an overall supervision of National Program Officer. The Communications consultant will be responsible for developing communication plan, including behavioral change campaign, media initiatives and ensured media/press coverage. S/he will oversee the production of a range of communications materials for online and offline audiences. S/he will be responsible for timely, accurate and high-quality informational materials, such as press releases & media advisories, news briefs, fact sheets, stories from the field for media outreach, the UN Women website, and inclusion in informational kits for further public outreach.
Reporting to the Community development specialist and National Programme Officer, the Communications Consultant will support the formulation and implementation of the communications and advocacy plans to increase the standing and awareness of UN Women and its partners, the media and the public within project “Promotion of participatory gender- and nutrition sensitive climate change adaptation measures”.
Duties and Responsibilities
Timeframe, payments and deliverables
The payments will be made in KGS on monthly base on submitted and approved timesheet, and after all the deliverables are submitted, accepted and approved by UN Women. The Consultant shall provide a report with all necessary attachments describing the scope of work performed over the period for which the instalment is paid:
Deliverables Target Date
Monthly plan and narrative report on undertaken assignments according to monthly work plan submitted and approved by management by end of each month . Final report By 31th December.
• UN Women will provide access to UN Women Office during working hours to print relevant documents or whenever required to work on-site at any point during the assignment
• UN Women will provide logistical support to organize interviews with project beneficiaries, when and if required to develop communication products (stories, interviews)
Duration of Assignment:
The expected duration of the consultant is to be 5 months starting from 20 July till 20 December 2022
Respect for Diversity:
Ethics and Values:
Development and Innovation:
Work in teams:
Communicating and Information Sharing:
Self-management and Emotional Intelligence:
Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making:
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or relevant fields is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• At least 3 years of professional work experience at national or international level in media, communications, or advocacy, including in media relations; previous experience in development organizations
Experience and knowledge:
• Editing and copywriting skills, including articles, reports and press releases; Content writing experience for media platforms.
• Knowledge of social media and communication strategies and methods. Social media management, website management.
• Good event planning skills
• Ability to identify relevant events and stories and communicate them to a mass audience
• Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality
• Great time-management skills
• Media literacy – capability to apply diverse media channels (social media, press media, informal channels) and to conduct cross-media analysis (analyzing one issue with diverse media/public discourse perspectives).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Russian, Kyrgyz and English languages .
Applications should be sent by 23:59 on 17 August 2022 to email@example.com and include the following documentation package:
Financial proposal format:
Please note that the financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant during the contract period. The financial proposal should be provided in KGS. If the proposal is provided in any other currency, it would be converted as per UN exchange rate on the date of post closure.
Evaluation of applicants
The candidates will be evaluated in three stages: according to minimum qualification criteria; technical and financial evaluation.
The candidates must possess following minimum qualification criteria to be eligible for further technical evaluation:
The selection of candidates:
Technical evaluation criteria (including minimum qualifications):
Only candidates who have passed over the minimum qualification criteria and have accumulated at least 65 points out of maximum 70 under technical evaluation will qualify for the next stage i.e. evaluation of their financial proposals.
Evaluation of financial proposal
Financial proposal should include daily rate and field trip cost.
Financial evaluation will be conducted according to the method described below:
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other