- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Consultant-Geospatial Data Scientist
|Location :||Remote, INDIA|
|Application Deadline :||30-Sep-22 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||5 months|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Agriculture plays a pivotal role in India’s economy as over 58% of rural households depend on it as the principal means of livelihood, 80% of whom are smallholder farmers with less than two hectares of farmland. More than a fifth of the smallholder farm households are below poverty. Climate change continues to be a real and potent threat to the agriculture sector, which will impact everything from productivity to livelihoods across food and farm systems. Productivity loss will not only impact food security but also impact livelihoods and real income of farmers. It is estimated that climate change causes loss of annual farm income by 15%-18% on an average in India. This calls for adoption of innovative technologies that can help bolster countries against food supply shocks and challenges in the era of climate crisis.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Experimentation, Accelerator Lab, UNDP to undertake the following tasks:
Coordinate with Technology Partners
• Coordinate with Technology Partners for development of digital public good and work in close coordination with all stakeholders, translate the high-level requirements into use-cases and technical requirements.
• Coordinate and manage data partnerships through data sharing agreements and data collaborative strategy as required by the digital public good.
• Provide timely inputs for developing systems architecture, data pipeline, infrastructure requirements, and aspects of data quality
• Ensure adherence to UN Principles on Personal data protection and privacy, data security, data confidentiality and access.
• Ensure robust prediction model considering aspects model accuracy, bias-variance tradeoff, fairness, accountability, transparency, ethics.
• Provide inputs to customize reports and analytics for different user-categories as per the requirement of the project.
Peer Review Algorithms
• Facilitate peer review process of DiCRA analytics and openAI algorithms. Establish multilevel peer review process, document the guidelines and publish them transparently on Github
• Identify and onboard atleast 10 qualified peer reviewers with specialization in Geospatial data science for reviewing DiCRA algorithms
• Ensure publication of peer-review documents for each analytics layer under DiCRA on Github; and incorporation of feedback on DiCRA platform
• Facilitate, foster and expand the DiCRA collaborative through structured processes, data coordination and data pipeline mechanisms.
• Facilitate atleast 20 meetings of DiCRA data collaborative and ensure continuous publication of new data layers and use cases.
• Establish mechanisms for sharing cloud computing credits with contributing data scientists.
• Develop and publish openAI algorithms for complex use cases such as crop diversity, farm boundaries, oil palm, polyhouse detection etc.
User-Feedback and Functionality improvement
• DiCRA is developed for the agriculture ecosystem with diverse stakeholders who have diverse requirements.
• Conduct user feedback sessions and collect feedback from diverse users and improve overall functionality of DiCRA
• Improve the Use-case section under DiCRA through automated processes
• Provide inputs on proposals and concept notes for other innovative applications of AI in domains such as climate, air pollution, energy, natural resource management, skills etc., as and when required by the country office.
Required Skills and Experience
Duration of Assignment:
The duration of assignment will be from November 2022 till March 2023 (with expectation of renewal for a further duration of 5 months subject to availability of funds)
Required Experiences, Competencies and Skills
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as Responsive to the requirement. Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation;
• Technical Criteria weight - 70%;
• Financial Criteria weight – 30 %
Technical Criteria (70% of total evaluation)
Financial Criteria: (30% of the total evaluation) based on the total all-inclusive lump sum amount for professional fee for tasks specified in this announcement
Submission of Proposal
Documents to be submitted by Consultants