The UN Secretary-General established the UN SDG Action Campaign to inspire people and organizations from all backgrounds and every part of the world to take actions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, while holding decision-makers to account for progress society-wide. The UN SDG Action Campaign is hosted and supported by UNDP and is based in Bonn (Germany) with a lean team that marshals rapid support for new initiatives as opportunities arise and provides partners with on-demand strategic creative services that inspire SDG action with an engaged community of activists and concerned individuals.
The UN SDG Action Campaign is working closely with cities and local governments to showcase how they are actively contributing to implement Agenda 2030, accelerating transformative action to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals for all, and everywhere. The UN SDG Action Campaign, together with the office of UNDP in the Philippines are supporting the city of Butuan to implement a component of their AgriBoost project, one of the winners of the 2021 Global Mayors Challenge.
Within this context, the UN SDG Action Campaign is seeking to recruit a AgriMart Development Officer to support the implementation of the AgriBOOST project in the City of Butuan in the Philippines. The AgriBOOST project aims to address the high rates of hunger and food insecurity in the city, in part because of challenges around local food production. AgriBOOST gives farmers predictive data to make better decisions about the type and quantity of crops to plant, by fixing some commodity prices to reduce the risk on vegetables and high-demand foods, and by engaging consumers and business organizations for additional support.
The AgriMart Development Officer will support the UNDP in the implementation of the Global Mayors Challenge in the City of Butuan.
Duties and Responsibilities
The AgriMart Development Officer, under the supervision of the AgriMart Component Lead and the AgriBOOST Program Lead, will work with the UNDP-UN SDG Action Campaign Network to perform the following functions:
- Provide assistance in the implementation of sub-projects and activities of the AgriMart Project Component;
- Collaborate with the AgriBOOST Core Team, City Trade, Industry and Investment Promotions Office (CTIIPO), City Economic Enterprise Office (CEEO), Department of Trade and Industry, Fr. Saturnino Urios University and other project partners in ensuring that respective commitments are carried out accordingly, interventions and technical assistance for enhancing the competitiveness of market channels, such as public market vendors, institutional buyers and modern trades are implemented;
- Ensures provision of effective support in the strategic planning and decision-making processes, as well as facilitating the execution and required review to deliver the target metrics, output and outcome of AgriMart Project Component;
- Facilitates and implements the formulation of strategies and tactics to implement AgriMart Project Component Workstream;
- Facilitates the process of organizing groups and communities that are interested in participating with AgriMart activities;
- Facilitates capacity building activities for AgriMart partners;
- Collaborate and support regional line agencies and private sector partners in ensuring compliance to procedures in accessing external funds and resources for post-harvest handling, processing and marketing of agricultural products of entrepreneurs;
- Advocate strategies for efficient project operation, optimized resource mobilization and prudent budget utilization; and,
- Perform other related tasks as deemed necessary.
Under the overall guidance of the City Mayor, the AgriMart Development Officer will directly report to the AgriBOOST Program Lead (the City Agriculturist).
The AgriMart Development Officer will work closely with AgriBOOST Project Supervisor, AgriBloom Component Lead and other AgriBOOST Component Leads.
Achieve Results: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work.
Think Innovatively: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking.
Learn Continuously: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning.
Adapt with Agility: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process.
Act with Determination: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously.
Engage and Partner: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships.
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies:
|Working with Evidence and Data
|Business Direction & Strategy
|Effective Decision Making
|Strategic & Creative Thinking
|2030 Agenda: Engagement & Effectiveness
|2030 Agenda: Prosperity
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Education requirements
Min. years of relevant work experience
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
The following documents shall be required from the participants:
- Personal CV - indicating all part positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) references.
- Cover letter - indicating why the candidate considers him/herself to be suitable for the position.