The WHO mission of the WHE Programme is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies. During the emergency phase, an important operational and logistics support is required by several projects that support the rapid response as well as preparedness. The objectives of the programme are to support country operations with adapted logistics & Procurement capacity, ensure follow up and reporting on the supply chain activities and support the transition between response to recovery logistics.
Purpose of the Position:
To provide support to the WHO country office in the logistics and administration area including procurement, shipment and security ensuring effectiveness, transparency, and integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement Operations and Logistics officer and general guidance of the Supply Chain Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions.
- Analyse and process requests for procurement of goods and services for different technical and emergency programmes, ensure adherence to the standard WHO guidelines on procurement and logistics, accuracy of information, completion of required supporting documents and check availability of funds.
- Using GSM procurement system, initiate local purchase requests for both catalogue and non-catalogue items in an efficient manner, monitor status and ensure timely process of requests and delivery of goods and services.
- Draft purchase order amendments when required, provide justification and upload supporting documents in RMS.
- Prepare requests for price estimates (RPE) for non-catalogue items, obtain estimated costs from the Regional Logistics and Supply Unit or HQ, and implement related procurement decisions taken by technical units and supervisor, followed with tracking of shipping requirements and progress
- Draft bid invitations and related correspondence, compile offers, prepare summary of bids including information on price and conditions of offer, and draft the adjudication reports with recommendations for decision making.
- Maintain and update the suppliers' database including completion of the supplier evaluation forms for all suppliers contracted by WHO office.
- Prepare periodic procurement logistics reports and briefings on the status of all transactions for the review of the supervisor.
- Initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries, alert supervisor/technical units of any gaps in the transactions and recommend solutions.
- Update procurement, payment and logistics tracking sheets regularly, and brief on the status of all transactions for the review of the supervisor.
- Monitor the status of delivery to destination including quality check along with relevant technical team during handover
- Follow up with concerned parties’ customs clearance, MOFA, MOF, shipping and transportation agencies, clearance agency, receipt of deliverables followed with payment processing.
- Register fixed assets in GSM. Ensure that office assets are bar coded and regular physical count is performed
- Perform other duties related to area of work and replace colleagues as required.
- Producing Results
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Fostering integration and Teamwork
- Communicating in credible and effective way
- Knowing and managing oneself
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Required Skills and Experience
- Essential: BA in Business Administration, Procurement, Logistics , or relevant field
- Desirable: Advanced training in procurement / Logistics
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Essential:. Minimum of Five Years of related experience in Procurement & Logistics
- Desirable: Previous experience with UN and International NGOs is an asset.
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
- Managing data, documents, correspondence, and reports.
Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic.
- Applications must be submitted by 11th November, 2022
- Type of contract: LICA - UNOPS
- Duration: one year with a possibility of extension.
- Applications must be in English and include your CV.
- Only Palestinians are eligible to apply.
WHO HAS A NON-SMOKING WORK ENVIRONMENT