UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The UN Women Programme Support Management Unit (PSMU) is established to provide corporate advisory services and direct support for project and programme development and implementation including for the Policy, Programme, and Intergovernmental Division (PPID). The PSMU guides the Policy, Programme and Intergovernmental Divisions, Regions, and countries in following best practice to ensure that all projects and programmes maintain a level of standardization, planning, share knowledge, and work collectively towards UN Women’s strategic goals. PSMU is to offer the Regional Offices (ROs) and Country Offices (COs) a range of services, trainings and toolkits that increase their implementation capacity to deliver programmes on time, on scope and on budget. It also supports the implementation of global projects managed by HQs.
UN Women has embarked on a corporate new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) cloud system solution (Quantum) earmarked to ensure that UN Women will be more fit for purpose. The Chief, Programme Support Management Unit is the Business Process Owner for the Programme and Project Management stream. Under the general supervision of the Chief, Programme Support Management Unit in PSMU, the PPM Regional Support focal point will provide technical support to the implementation and roll out of the Portfolio and Project Management stream (PPM) including support to training and capacity building and knowledge management.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide technical support to the implementation and roll out of the Programme and Project Management Stream (PPM) on the Quantum ERP Cloud Solution.
- Support in ensuring data integrity through coordination of data clean up and migration needs review and analyses; Data clean up and migration proposal development, and Data migration support delivery for respective Region (s)
- Support in ensuring that transitional arrangements analyzed, and action plan put in place
- Support in providing technical and coordination support during implementation of the Programme and Project Management Stream (PPM)
- Provide first level help desk support for region (s) clients for the Programme and Project Management business stream in liaison with the PPM 3 Specialist
- Provide first line technical support in region (s)l help tickets related to ERP Support team and resolve and/or escalate to proper channels.
2. Provide coordination support to the implementation and roll out of the Programme and Project Management Stream (PPM) on the Quantum ERP Cloud Solution
- Support in the creation of detailed plans for respective (region’s} for execution and implementation of new processes under the UN- Women Programme and Project Management Stream (PPM)
- Coordinates testing for respective region(s) related to the proposed new solution for the UN-Women Programme and Project Management Stream (PPM)
3. Provide training and capacity building
- Support to the delivery of trainings and webinars to end users in respective region(s) for the Programme and Project Management Stream (PPM)
4. Facilitate and contribute to knowledge management:
- Coordinate overall knowledge management function for Quantum ERP Cloud Solution Programme and Project Management Stream (PPM) in the respective region(s)
- Identify and document best practices and lessons learned from the respective region(s) and ensure this is submitted dissemination with UN Women offices and partners.
- Provide technical inputs to knowledge networks and relevant communities of practice.
Key Performance Indicators
The key results have an impact on the overall operational efficiency, and effectiveness of COs and ROs and HQ units as it relates to the efficient Programme and Project Management systems to facilitate delivery of strategic goals and results.
- High quality data management
- Quality systems and guidelines, procedures and processes for effective and efficient UN Women programme management
- Timely coordination of assigned activities
- Quality corporate capacities in the use of the new system
- Quality support and guidance to offices on ERP Project and Programme management areas.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop sound tools for the effective management of the programme’s budgets, financial delivery, and Human resource activities.
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration, and implementation of new data management systems
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow; ·
- Excellent financial and budgeting skills; ·Excellent IT skills
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
- Ability to support the development of detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them
- Ability to support the synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of UN programme management systems
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required. Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline is an asset.
- PRINCE2® Practitioner and/or Project Management Professional (PMP®) and Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Practitioner certification is an added asset.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in supporting project and programme management and implementation implementation support,
- International development experience preferably focused on, programme and project management implementation support
- Experience in technical support for all aspects of project management including planning, financial management, budget management, risk management, communications and or stakeholder engagement;
- Experience in data migration and application integration tools is highly desirable
- Experience in the implementation of ERP solutions based,
- Prior experience in the UN System is an asset. including experience in ATLAS and UN Women Results Management Systems is an asset
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment/application-process Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)