The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV - indicating all part positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) references.
- Cover letter - indicating why the candidate considers him/herself for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experiences, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns, or other materials.
UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. UNDP is on the ground in 177 countries and territories, offering global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
UNDP’s Office of Human Resources (OHR), which is part of the Bureau for Management Services (BMS), is committed to improving the effectiveness and efficiency of its online programs and operations policies, guidelines and documents. OHR supports UNDP in achieving its vision and objectives by enabling the organization to attract, manage, and retain staff with relevant technical expertise, competencies, and skills, by providing strategic HR advice and creating an inclusive working environment where staff is engaged, continuously develop professionally, and perform at their best.
The Recruitment, Career and Succession team (RCS) is responsible for the delivery of substantive leadership, business development and partnerships aimed to ensure talent development and provision of management services. The Team offers several service lines, and is responsible for the provision of efficient and effective recruitment services for UNDP Headquarters and Regional Offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Post vacancy announcements.
- Screen and longlist applicants against eligibility criteria;
- Finalize longlisting and shortlisting reports;
- Organize and evaluate candidate applications; administer written tests, video interviews and other forms of assessments.
- Manage relevant documentation through the various recruitment stages;
- Utilize relevant IT recruitment platforms to facilitate the recruitment process;
- Communicate effectively with hiring units, evaluators and candidates.
- Manage the verification of academic credentials, employment history and references as applicable;
- Coordinate and organize interviews, facilitate the interview process, takes notes and produce interview reports as needed.
- Prepare submission of all necessary documentation for CRB/CRP Review;
- Additional tasks may be assigned on as needed basis.
The NPSA shall report to the Chief of RCS in OHR.
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Education requirements
Min. years of relevant work experience
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section