UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against \ women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Jordan Country Office supports the Government of Jordan to implement global norms and standards on gender equality and women’s empowerment; promotes women’s economic empowerment; and implements a resilience and empowerment model for Syrian refugee women and vulnerable Jordanian women. The country office is implementing a new Strategic Note for the period 2023 – 2027. This will require a resilient ICT infrastructure to enhance office productivity and safeguard its information.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the ICT Associate executes ICT services in Jordan Country Office, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The incumbent is responsible for review and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the Country Office productivity. The ICT Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implement ICT strategies and new technologies in accordance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures
• Provide inputs to the development and review of internal ICT policies and procedures as required;
• Draft ICT annual work plan for the office;
• Provide IT support in the use of UN WOMEN’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
2. Ensure effective functioning of the Country Office hardware and software
• Install, operate, and maintain all the Country Office hardware equipment.
• Provide advice on the acquisition of hardware supplies,
• Make routine repairs and change of hardware electronic components;
• Plan, install and maintain all communication systems including mobile and satellite phones;
• Install commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programmes;
• Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
3. Ensure efficient networks administration
• Monitor the network connection on a daily basis to ensure stable and responsive network environment;
• Configure network printers and provide user access as required;
• Trouble-shoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access;
• Liaise with UNDP to trouble-shoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access
• Maintain up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail;
• Implement backup and restoration procedures for local drives; maintain backup logs; organize off-site storage of backups;
• Maintain measures for business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities;
• Liaise with other UN agencies or venders to Manage Local Area Network (LAN) in accordance with UN Women requirements
4. Provide web management services
• Maintain the Country Office web site and Intranet.
5. Provide administrative support regarding ICT issues
• Provide technical support in the procurement of new ICT equipment for the Country Office, provide technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review quotations and bids;
• Maintain inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit;
• Process ICT equipment registration and disposal in ATLAS asset module, support to the physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property and prepare inventory reports as required;
• Provide ICT support to key events.
6. Provide technical support and advice to the Country Office Staff
• Diagnose, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from staff in the office offices experiencing problems with hardware, application software, operating systems, networking and other computer related issues;
• Liaise with ICT Associate in HQ for support and guidance;
• Meet all ICT on-boarding requirements for new personnel.
7. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Country Office
• Identify and promote different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision;
• Contribute to the organization of trainings for the country Office staff on ICT issues;
• Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
Key Performance Indicators
• Well maintained and serviced hardware and software;
• Quality support and advice to clients;
• Timely web maintenance;
• Quality trainings and reference materials.
• Respect for Diversity
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
• Creative Problem Solving
• Effective Communication
• Inclusive Collaboration
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Leading by Example
• Strong knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and virus protection systems;
• Strong PC hardware troubleshooting skills;
• Strong knowledge of video conferencing and telecommunication;
• Strong knowledge of database packages;
• Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
• Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems;
• Good Communication skills.
Please visit the link below for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
• Completion of secondary education is a requirement.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or any other related field is an asset.
• Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or equivalent required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
• At least 6 years of working experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities
• Experience working with the UN is an asset
• Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
• Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P- 11) which can be downloaded from. http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment .Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect.
UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)