Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is administered by UNDP and follows all UNDP rules and regulations. UNV is the UN system common service that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
UNV’s Management Services hold the responsibility for the strategic planning, managerial leadership, oversight and quality control of an integrated platform of operational services ensuring timely, effective and efficient delivery according to corporate performance standards and in compliance with the UN Regulations and Rules and UNDP´s accountability framework.
The ICT Infrastructure team at UNV Information and Communications Technology Section (ICTS) is responsible for the operations of the data centre and the provision of all ICT hardware, software, network and telecommunications services to UNV HQ.
Under the supervision the ICT Infrastructure Team Lead, the ICT Infrastructure Analyst contributes to the deliveries of the 2022-2025 UNV Digital Strategy in the are of Digital Workspace, Cloud migration, Cyber-security and Service management.
The IPSA will work under the direct supervision of the ICT Infrastructure Team Lead
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
- Contribute to the implementation of ICT infrastructure projects related to the digital strategy, ensuring full compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the technology environment;
- Support the migration to Microsoft 365 E5
- Support the implementation of Microsoft Viva Suite
- Implement technology facilities to ensure backup, redundancy and disaster recovery provisions in compliance with the systems introduced during the strategy;
- Support SalesForce access and permissions
- Comply and improve the user management lifecycle, in full collaboration with UNDP ITM and adjust to UNV onboarding/off boarding process in light of the new identity solution in place
- Monitor Office 365 license usage, compliance and associated costs
- Perform second and third-level desktop troubleshooting in conjunction with the ICT Help Desk in light of new infrastructure, digital workspace, cybersecurity and identity systems in place from the digital strategy;
- Administer identities in multiple directories (Local AD, AAD, B2C, O365, SalesForce, Identity and Access management);
- Coordinate user requests within existing UNV IT standards and procedures.
Management of Hybrid Cloud Datacenter(s)
- Plan, install and maintain ICT server infrastructure (Linux + Windows) and ICT services;
- Administer Directory Services to actively maintain DNS, DHCP, Postfix, and identities;
- Monitor, Manage, and Maintain configurations & running cost for o365/Azure/Devops cloud IaaS
- Maintain/Document configuration management for all newly introduced services.
- Provide technical advice on network administration to other agencies as required;
- Plan, install and maintain firewalls, routers, switches, cabling system and patch panels as part of the cyber-security digital track;
- Manage Virtual Private Network technology infrastructures, including site-to-site VPN, Remote Access VPN
Business continuity and ICT security
- Ensure the protection of corporate electronic information stored on hybrid cloud; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as part of the new policies on information classification and data privacy;
- Implement and maintain IT security systems, such as Firewalls, IPS, Web-Filtering, Anti-Virus, CDN and Nessus security scans as part of the cyber-security digital track of the digital strategy;
- Keep proper and complete documentation of all systems, implement and maintain change control procedures and update systems inventory as needed;
- Support the development and update of the ICT disaster recovery plan that serves as input into the UNV business continuity plan, ICT infrastructure and training plans. Follow up of implementation and testing;
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education
Bachelor’s or Master's degree in information technology, computer science or related discipline.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
Minimum 2 years (with bachelor’s degree) or 0 years (with Master’s degree) of technical experience in Hybrid Cloud operations and IT infrastructure, system/network administration.
Required skills and competencies
Experience of Azure, VMware & HyperV, multi-platform server environment (Linux + Windows), Identity Management, LDAP;
Experience of Cisco LAN/WAN technologies and SAN/NAS;
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
Azure certifications would be an asset;
Security and identity certifications would be an asset.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English