UNDP’s Istanbul Regional Hub (IRH) is an advisory hub for the Europe and CIS region tasked with the responsibility to provide policy and programmatic support to UNDP´s development activities in the region. Throughout UNDP´s focus areas, it works towards increasing the impact of UNDP´s activities in the region by assisting Country Offices in development of country-level initiatives through advisory services and technical support and by implementing regional-level projects in partnership with a wide range of partners supported to a global network of expertise. Under the leadership of the Hub Manager, the IRH employs a multi-disciplinary team of specialists and advisors, project managers, operations and programme support staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of this internship is to provide an opportunity for graduate level degree students, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work and they can get familiar with administrative and operations processes. The intern will work in an IT unit, providing IT services to the regional office of approx. 400 people. During the internship, selected candidate will be able to work with several new technologies and experience work in international team. Selected candidate will get hands-on experience in these areas:
- Provision of IT User support to internal clients in regional office in Istanbul,
- Configuration of technologies such as Digital Signage, IP Telephony and other,
- Data mining and data analytics,
- Configuration of operating systems and automated software installations (Windows and Mac OS),
- Configuration and operation of audio and videoconferencing technologies,
- Automation of workflows via using Office 365 tools (Sharepoint, Power Automate etc.).
Intern will obtain practical experience in Information and Communication Technology, administrative procedures and work in international organization. Tasks and responsibilities may be adjusted according to skills and preferences of selected candidate.
- Good planning, coordination skills;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Strong client orientation;
- Good communication skills;
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
(c) Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
(d) Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
Any IT related certificate is an asset, but not required.
- Working experience in information technologies is an asset, but not required;
- Previous experience with web design or programming is an asset, but not required;
- Previous experience with DTP or graphic design is an asset, but not required;
- A desire to work with and gain experience in multinational and multicultural environment is required.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English;
- Fluency in Turkish is an asset, but not required.