- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
Regional PresenceMuch of UNDP’s work is administered through 5 regional bureaus.
- About Us
- News Centre
|Location :||East Jerusalem, PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES|
|Application Deadline :||24-Mar-23 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Other|
|Post Level :||Other|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||12 months which can be extended based on fund availability and performance|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
WHO for the West Bank and Gaza aims at promoting the health of all Palestinian people by improving health sector performance based on equity, effectiveness and sustainability, as well as by addressing the broader social, economic, environmental and cultural health determinants.
The Programme Driver works under the direct supervision and technical guidance of a Senior Driver, OSL Officer. The incumbent operates with a degree of operational independence in carrying out assignments and supervision focuses on providing instruction, guidance and advice on the technical and procedural aspects of the work. Instructions are normally given on an ad hoc basis, routine duties are carried out according to established schedule; fulfilment of assignments is checked regularly.
As a Programme Driver, the incumbent is exposed to potentially serious physical and health risks.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drives Programme and Technical staff to and from field locations.
• Drives all type of vehicles, ranging from limousines, light and heavy duty vehicles, armoured vehicles and trucks or similar.
• Drives in convoys, respecting proper procedures, rules and instructions related to convoy handling.
• Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel, oil, battery, breaks, tires, etc.
• Performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, ensures the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
• Logs official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
• Maintains all the required documents/supplies up to date, including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
• Renders services in a timely and accurate manner and maintains the vehicle in a proper condition.
• Follows the steps required by WHO rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident.
• When necessary, translates in local language for official personnel using the vehicle.
WORK RELATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
The Driver liaises with the technical and programmatic personnel in the vehicle as well as staff performing maintenance services on the vehicle. Typical conversations involve the exchange of straightforward fact oriented messages and routine correspondence on security issues as well as basic translations.
IMPACT OF FUNCTIONS
The Driver is expected to provide reliable and safe driving services ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, and tact.
The functions contribute to ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
Required Skills and Experience
Completion of secondary education or equivalent. Must possess a valid professional driving licence free of driving violations
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• At least 2 years of professional experience in driving Vehicles.
• Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different type of vehicles.
• Good knowledge and topography of country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations in addition to chauffeur protocol and courtesies.
• Proven ability to deal with clients with tact and respect for diversity.
• Demonstrates good knowledge of security issues.
• Has several years of work experience as a driver preferably n an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
The incumbent is required to work in one official language of the organization ( English) as well as Arabic.
Type of contract: LICA contract (Local Individual Contract agreement)
Duration of contract: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Applications must be submitted by : 24/3/2023
Applications must be in English and include your CV.
Only Palestinians are eligible to apply.
WHO HAS A NON-SMOKING WORK ENVIRONMENT
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact the eRecruit Helpdesk.