UNDP supports UN member states eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities and exclusion, and build resilience to crisis so countries can sustain progress. UNDP plays a critical role in helping countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. Read more about our work here: www.undp.org and www.dk.undp.org. UNDP's Nordic Office is located in the UN City in Copenhagen with satellite offices in Sweden, Norway and Finland. Together we work to raise awareness of, and advocate for, UNDP's mandate, work and results and to strengthen our partnership with the Nordic countries to advance sustainable development. Our small office in Copenhagen offers a professional yet informal work environment that allows for plenty of challenges and learning – as well as opportunity to networking with the other UN organizations, which are located in the UN City.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an intern, you will report directly to the head of the Danish portfolio and form part of a small and busy team, where you will support and contribute to a number of communications tasks and assignments including:
- Prepare and post regular updates on UNDP Denmark's social media platforms, - Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Regularly update UNDP’s Danish website www.dk.undp.org
- Monitor Danish news media for issues relevant to the work and mandate of UNDP
- Support preparation and translations of press releases, news stories and other material
- Assist in preparing and coordinating UNDP meetings, public events, report launches and missions.
- Contribute to briefing material in connection with meetings and international visits
- Prepare and deliver presentations to smaller groups of students at request
- Other ad hoc tasks and assignments
- Excellent communications skills in English and Danish
- Interest in, and knowledge of, global development and international development organisations.
- Good social media skills; knowledge of web publication tools and photo editing tools is an advantage.
- Team player; works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Commitment to the mission of the UN and UNDP’s mandate is a prerequisite.
Required Skills and Experience
Required Skills and Experiences
- Fluency in spoken and written Danish and English is required.
- Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.