- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
National Consultant Graphic Design
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Application Deadline :||06-Jun-23 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||20 days|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||20 days|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN-Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
shaping the social media platforms to promoting girls’ leadership and voice in political and public spaces.
General elections in Sierra Leone will be held mid-2023. However, there still exists deep gender imbalances in the country’s political context. From prejudices against women’s leadership to political and traditional barriers that continue to threaten women’s political participation and inclusion. The political space in Sierra Leone is male dominated. Out of 146 MPs in the current parliament, only 13 are women. In the 2018 general elections, there was only one-woman candidate vying for the presidential seat and one contesting as a running mate. According to research, when women are able to exercise political leadership, there are gains not just for women and girls but for the whole of society.
Recently, the Gender Equality and Women Empowerment (GEWE) Act of 2022 was assented into law. The passage of the act is a welcome development that seeks to advance women’s rights in Sierra Leone. The law requires public and private employers to reserve 30% of jobs for women, including leadership positions. It also stipulates that 30% of candidates put forward by any political party for parliamentary and local elections must be women. Additionally, it extends maternity leave to 14 weeks, mandates equal pay, and grants women equal access to financial support and training opportunities
UN Women would like a graphic designer to support in with visual documentation of their work in women’s political participation
Duties and Responsibilities
Report to UN Women Project Manager, the consultant is responsible to produce original / high quality graphic design materials to disseminate the work of UN Women. The materials will follow UN Women branding and graphic guidelines and will be used to improve/develop the design and layout of publications and communication products
The expert is expected to work in close consultation with the Project Managers and team at UN Women
Duration The contract will be effective for 20 working days from signing of the contract.
Working arrangements Institutional Arrangements
· The consultant will liaise, interact, collaborate/meet staff at UN Women and partners.
· UN Women will support the consultant in the following: Access to all reports and data relevant to the assignment.
These will include donor reports, project documents and donor reports; Support and assistance to gain access to relevant stakeholders for consultations to the extent possible.
Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals;
· Generates innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations.
· Demonstrates substantive and technical knowledge to meet responsibilities and post requirements with excellence.
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
· Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
Required Skills and Experience
· Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (Journalism, Mass Communication or Marketing, Arts, or similar)
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing.
processes (offset and digital) and color management
· Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe
Design Premium, In-Design, CorelDraw, Final Cut HD, web design tools such as Dreamweaver and Flash, etc.
· Clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements of United
· Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms.
· Knowledge of standard software packages, including MS Office– MS Access–MS Visio – Adobe Acrobat;
· Working experience in development or environment is desirable.
· Web design, page layout and design. Core skills
· Ability to conceptualize, plan and execute innovative ideas.
· Displays open, co-operative behavior with other team members.
· Remains calm and in control, and good humored even under pressure.
· Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
· Sets priorities, produces quality outputs,
· Meets deadlines and manages time efficiently.
· Excellent oral and written skills.
· Must be able to translate between science/tech and international development.
· Excellent communication skills organized (dealing with many stakeholders)
· Planning/organizational skills Language Requirements Excellent command of English.