UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
UNDP is working to strengthen new frameworks for development, disaster risk reduction and climate change. We support countries' efforts to achieve the new Sustainable Development Goals, which will guide global development priorities through 2030. The key 2030 Agenda principle of leaving no one behind and stamping out inequality is at the core of everything we do.
UNDP focuses on helping countries build and share solutions in three main areas:
- Sustainable development
- Democratic governance and peacebuilding
- Climate and disaster resilience
In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights and the empowerment of women, minorities and the poorest and most vulnerable.
Duties and Responsibilities
INTERNSHIP OFFICE BACKGROUND
Working in UNDP Country Office in Thailand and under the direct supervision of the UNDP Communications and Outreach Officer (Head of Communications), the UNDP Communications Intern will work to raise the profile of UNDP Thailand in the media and among Government Agencies, (I)NGOs and other partners, manage the office’s website and general communications requirements, and provide Thai-language editing services to the office team.
The intern will assist in the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities
% of time
Communications and Outreach:
outreach, assisting in preparation of presentations, reporting, etc.
- Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or any other data visualization tools.
- Basic knowledge of video and website editing.
- Fluent in English- both written and spoken in addition to native proficiency in Thai required;
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
Other competencies and attitude:
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
- Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
- Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal oriented mind-set;
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Results driven, able to meet targets/deadlines
Required Skills and Experience
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (newly graduated or in the final year of study) or pursuing a Master’s degree in related field in Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences or related field; or
- Currently in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree; or
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- Have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent studies.
Field of study: communications, journalism, marketing, international relations, political science or equivalent. (preferred but not required)
- UNDP will not pay interns for internship but will provide a stipend in the amount of THB 8,302.50 monthly in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP internship policy; all other expenses connected with it will be borne by me or my sponsoring Government or institution;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- Interns must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for education programmes;
- Interns need to obtain financing for subsistence and make own arrangements for internship